bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Fireworks and 24 000 people screaming
Fireworks and 24 000 people screaming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 14:55    Post subject: Fireworks and 24 000 people screaming Reply with quote

Yesterday, literally across the street from where I live there was a concert at the football stadium.
The band, Gyllene Tider, virtual unknowns to most of you but you'll know the singer better perhaps: Per Gessle, of Roxette (he was in GT before Roxette, this was their 15th comback show Wink )

Anyway, 24 000 people went, completely unbelieveble considering the population of 120 000 of this town. At the end they had proper fireworks and we saw it all...grand...just had to share this amazing experience as I've never been to a monster packed show...this was louder than any gig I'd been to, and I wasn't actually at the gig.

Amor y Paz
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the question should be....

why?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god Shocked
what happened?! why were they screaming?
oh no. did anyone get hurt? Shocked

(hello.)
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
i think the question should be....

why?

I'm sure you've never heard their music right?

Anyway, very melody driven and broad appeal...so that's why I suppose. And I'm sure the fact that this town seldom gets any major concerts I'm sure some went just to have fun.

Amour et Paix
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

that reminds me of when i was a kid growing up in smalltown, u.s.a.... a free concert was held in the park by the river jacked up on cheap beer (that they were hilariously serving in buckets) and the spirit of rock-n-roll, the crowd rioted in the streets, flipping cars and screaming bloody murder until the small hours.

i remember asking my mom what the heck was going on and she just muttered "goddamn college kids."

the band in question?

R.E.O. SPEEDWAGON

high infidelity has remained a favourite ever since.

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1