bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - radio 1 session tonight
radio 1 session tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:42    Post subject: radio 1 session tonight Reply with quote

from the mailing list:
"radio 1 session tonight - the beth and huw show have recorded three tracks at bravecaptain's tour rehersals, some or all of which will be on their show tonight. remember you can catch that wherever you are and for the next seven days using radio 1's listen again feature on their site."

does anyone know if this is just on radio 1 wales? and if so, what the wavelength is for that? i couldn't find it on the radio 1 website - very helpful!

i think i can get radio 1 wales here, at least a bit, and listening on-line isn't an option as my internet connection is too slow.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone has to record that or something.
where can you listen to it online?
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?wales

if you follow this link now you will hear last week's show. at some point tomorrow they will update with this week's show. when they do big sessions they sometimes put a page up with just the session tracks on, so that may appear in the next day or two as well.

should be good!
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

frequency for radio 1 in north wales is 98.5 fm. hopefully that will carry across the dee to the wirral.

i will try to tape it, reception, forgetfulness and possible post-job-rejection-alcoholic-stupour permitting. Sad
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain - the blip blap sessions, bbc radio one

i listened to it and liked it very much ta.
martin sings 'good life' and 'blip blap pip blie' and it's all good. this version of 'good life' is probably a bit too sad - i'm already used to the sice version then! 'blip blap' doesn't sound as funny as this clip i've heard, but it's not bad. there's also an interview where beth asks martin not to swear but still she says fuck off later in the show!
and then they play 'wake up boo'.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
there's also an interview where beth asks martin not to swear but still she says fuck off later in the show!

i thought it was something in welsh that just sounded like fuck off in english, even though it means something different in welsh. but you know welsh Wink so i'll bow down to your superior knowledge!
Hew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 07:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

just listened to it and the new songs were really good. Nice to hear wake up boo not from my cd player for a change aswell. safe as fuck. Also got to hear the new libertines song for the first time. Its a shame that mr Doherty seems set on fucking his life up when they could be so fucking amazing. bastard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1