bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - one man, two lap tops and a wrinkly backdrop
one man, two lap tops and a wrinkly backdrop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:16    Post subject: one man, two lap tops and a wrinkly backdrop Reply with quote

...as much as I love the works of BraveCaptain, last night's gig at the Spitz wasn't the most interesting or entertaining gig I've been too. A disappointment. Like spending a saturday night at a mate's flat, who's too stoned to do anything but play bits of CDs with the TV on mute.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmm. i love martin to bits (he is the equivelent to me that Paul Mccartney is to my Dad) but after seeing him in both Brighton and London I really find it difficult to connect with the current stuff. I will probably be posting here in a weeks time when it has "clicked" and I am loving it, but at the moment, it just doesnt do it for me. Mind you, Her Space Holiday were stunning both times and whoever mised them has missed a real treat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its a funny live experience isn't it?

i can asure you though that the album is a much different proposition, though. It really is excellent, and diverse. It's growing on me just thinking about it.

whitex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfiresky wrote:
i love martin to bits (he is the equivelent to me that Paul Mccartney is to my Dad)

I take it you meant that as a compliment!?
pscenario

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Spitz gig totally blew me away. it's like the best parts of a live band and a DJ summed together to greater than their constituent parts. it's the first ever live act i've seen that has appealed so much to my mind and my heart at the same time. there were bits where i realised what martin was doing (recording his voice and looping it back in different tempos on the fly in I am a Lion, or using Delay Lama in Cubase while looping stuff in Ableton for example) right next to catchy tunes and heartwarming melodies (Big Black Pig Pile, Good Life, Into Thin Air) and then finding myself wanting to leap about (possibly with a glow rod) to the adrenaline-drenching Weaponized. i wish i could go see BC at the dance tent at Reading. and one last thing, martin's singing range and general stage presence has improved so much in the 11months since i last saw him at the Spitz. it's just a shame there weren't more people (appreciative or otherwise) at the gig.

ace stuff, keep it up, Martin
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did mean mccartney as a compliment!
gillworm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the gig, now that I've seen the laptop show a couple of times I realise that it's almost a totally different reading of the songs. I always want him to sing more, the highlight for me was 'Good Life'. Nice atmosphere there, it's nice to see an appreciative audience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1