bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - so long, and thanks for all the fish.
so long, and thanks for all the fish.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:14    Post subject: so long, and thanks for all the fish. Reply with quote

as some of you already probably know, i'm leaving to england tomorrow. yes, tomorrow - i find it quite hard to believe it actually. now i'm off to work in less than 2 hours and i come back home late in the evening (10pm), and i must be ready before 11am tomorrow. i'd better start packing soon...!
i will be staying at my friend's house in windsor (just outside east london) so if anyone lives somewhere nearby i'll definitely meet up for a drink (or two... or more).
i'm going to see the mighty bravecaptain play at london spitz on saturday (31st july) - should be good! i'm also going to buy the new album there if they sell it, so i think i'll post a little bit something about those at some point during my trip.
it's a very good thing that martin has arranged this tour at the end of july - that's very close to the beginning of the football season - i decided to stay for another week so that i'll see 3 matches of my beloved barnsley too! Smile milton keynes (away), bristol city (home) and luton town (home). really looking forward to this season, we have a whole new squad and lots of new good players, should be a good season.
i won't be back home until 15th august and soon after that i'll be pretty busy because i'm moving to another city and then starting another time taking project again.

i won't disappear completely, i just won't post as much as normally.
fuck it - you won't even notice that i'm gone! Rolling Eyes

take care everyone. keep on posting. x
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This board can't cope without you Tommy!

Don't be a stranger..... are you passing near Sheffield on yer way to Barnsley?

Take Care - safe journey - have a great time - say hello to Martin for me Smile

Kinks
xxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to stay in barnsley for 5 days so i might make a quick visit to sheffield at some point. where abouts in sheffield you live? i've only been to the hillsborough and the meadowh e ll once...
i'd better go now... it's my last day at work today!

(tommy) boo! forever
Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you driving through Crewe at all. Myself and Vanilla Ice share a flat above a chippy on Gatefield Street almost opposite the Limelight. Vanilla can sort you out a copy of the new album if you haven't already got one. He's still got a fair few copies to shift.

Hammer over and out.

tomatless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

pumpkin imagines you walking to england through nice places singing:
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin
I got you under my skin

about 2nd and 3rd letterikos of 26

it makesyou shine
it makes you shine
it makes you shine xxx:]

p.s. who was sitting next to you in transport?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea what you're talking about. Very Happy

i just found £60 in one of the side pockets of my suitcase!! Shocked
see you later everyone. be good. x
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 09:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy, yer a bit of a legend. A mad Finnish Barnsley supporter.

I hope you enjoy England.

I was in england for the first time in my life two weeks ago, and strangely I was in Martin's part of teh world...The Wirral, where I stayed in a village called Oxton. I was also in Manchester, Chester, Birkenhead, Liverpool, Leeds, York and some emmerdale type place up on the Yorkshire Moors called Coxcomb.

It was mega, but sadly I had no time to really relax as I was just being bumped around ICI in Runcorn and various Wastewater Treatment plants belonging to Yorkshire Water and United Utilities. I'm going to go back, beer is good and cheap in the north of england, and the people were really sound.

Some of the guys in ICI were telling some terrifying anecdotes in a real offhand fashion. The chemicals and near disasters that have come out of that place are mind-boggling, lakes of mercury, agent orange, clouds of chlorous escaping during the night and bleaching cows and birds.

Privatisation I think has left British sewage works in a much more delapidated state than their counterparts over here....errr I should really slip out of work speak.

Anyway the next time I come over I'll try and catch a gig or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun, take care of yourself, etc.

Ja "pidä lippu korkealla", heh heh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh!

That was me, birdman, as you probably guessed already.
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, tomi -- if you found £60 in your suitcase, then i reckon drinks are on you...!

see you kids there...

x
Tommy's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad BYYYE!!!!!!!!!!!!
BC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 20:11    Post subject: Tomi cool man Reply with quote

Tomi is a cool guy. He came to my crib once and we smoked twelve spliffs together, drank a shitload of pints, like ten each or some such shit, and then we took five E's each and just like, you know, chilled the fuck out for the rest of the night. We both talked about football and women and about life in general. I felt like i had known him for years, like he was a missing limb. Tomi DUDE if youare reading this get in contact (you know who i am Wink hehe). In the morning, i wiped my eyes and went downstairs. Tomi was there in his pants lying on the couch. We exchanged a glance and then i made him some tea and some fucking great toast, before he got on a train at dawn and shunted it back down to sunny London.
Sweet days man.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 09:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

needless to say, only cunts say 'dude' (unless yr american of course).

mx
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok Martin, you're not a Cunt, stop having such a downer on yerself.

Cuntster
xxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAAAAAAH. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2