bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Has anyone been to Kentish Town Forum?
Has anyone been to Kentish Town Forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 21:53    Post subject: Has anyone been to Kentish Town Forum? Reply with quote

WHat is the forum like? I have seen a picture and it looks like a venue for a cheesy comedian like Jim Davidson. Can anyone give me an insight? WHat beers are served there, and more importantly, JD? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Razz
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves magic wand*

trolling through the wonders of t'interweb... i have uncovered this:

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage.asp?PageID=360

it's pretty okay as far as big london venues go. i think the beer is carling, and usually they have spirits at these sorts of things (though it will probably cost you at least a tenner and the sacrifice of your first born child to pay for it).

x
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to love that place when it was the town and country club. i first went there with sice and our mate macca in 1987 to see the mighty lemon drops. we got smashed in the bull and gate next door and i discovered a genius for pool that has eluded me ever since. it later became my local and is one of my favourite pubs in the world. they sold the t+c in around 1991 and tim and i, who lived round the corner, protested outside with swervedriver and maybe lush and moose and other local drunks. the garage was called the town and country club 2 in them days. we played the t+c about eight million times but now, as the princess rightly points out, it is a carling venue and as such should be burned to the fucking ground.

mx
AFCW G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59    Post subject: T+C Reply with quote

Swervedriver, now there's a band that never got the praise that they deserved. Put out some great albums in the early 90's. Loved all the stuff off Raise- Mustang Ford, Rave Down etc.

Remember seeing the Boo's support Dinosaur Jr at the T+C, jesus Dinosaur were loud! Was a great venue, always used to win the best venue poll in the NME, now Brixton always wins.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember that gig. our press officer said we were so bad that his wife nearly miscarried.

bastard.

mx
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that your bad-press officer?

I quite like The Forum, it's pretty much like any other venue of that size. It usually looks a lot darker for gigs than in that picture of course.
katieken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for giving me an insight into that, it's just that I'm going there next Friday to see some recently reformed yank band with a bloater for a singer. So glad to see that its a rubbish place now, missed the forum era I suppose. Mind you I went to Kilburn National Ballroom to see the Boos, and I have to say it was wonderful, mind you I would say that as I'm biased. The Boo Radleys could have played in my flats bin room and it would have been a great venue.

Cheers all
x Laughing
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 01:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one queen Smile

y'know i seem to remember somebody telling me that that it was built during mosely's time which is why it has those fucking eagles every which way. lemme check on that one. my memory is famously shite but i remember eagles everywhere. 'eagles everywhere' can you tell i found the mushie stall in cardioof todee? x
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found this somewhere, not official tho'

>>The true reason why the Forum in Kentish Town was actually built. It is quite common knowledge that not only is it one of the greatest music venues in London but it was built by nazi facists, though this information is quite well hidden, and was originally built for the final destination of Adolf Hitlers tour. If you have ever been inside it is plainly obvious by the decor of huge eagles and the depiction of Roman battle scenes which were associated with the third reich. Also I have been informed that it wasn't that long ago that the swastikas that lined the walls either side of stage were removed but the whereabouts of them now are unknown. Aswell as this it has been said moseley had a bit to do with its building.<<

mx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1