bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Readingandriting
Readingandriting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynetta rooney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 18:45    Post subject: Readingandriting Reply with quote

Reading was ace. Martin's set was absorbing and in places noisily thrilling, and the drummer accompanying him is an inspired move. I got in late, but took a guess at which was the dance tent, and as I got closer I heard the exhortations of Bobby Seale and knew I was in the right place, until that is, i saw a drummer....quite a surprise that! We are the bombs was a throbbing tirade and has seemed to improve every time I have heard it. Good Life from the new album was the moment when it all took off near the end and i believe that there has been a steady development in the bravecaptain sound that is close to being fully realised. It was encouraging to see the numbers of the tent swell, especially given that media darlings of the moment, the GLC were on the main stage at the same time. Martin seemed very happy with the way things had gone and the crowd responded positively to what is a unique sound and show. All bodes well for thew future on the seas with the cap'n. After that set, I got absolutely off my face. Went to see the distillers who were pants, tho' one of the swing out sisters might disagree (but they'd be wrong). By the time the SFA came on I was well and truly gassed, and as for the Darkness,,, well i don't remember. Still I found my car which was a plus.
Waynes Mum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people missed the best bits of The Distillers cos they're short and couldn't see properly.
waynetta rooney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 14:33    Post subject: the stick to success Reply with quote

Ahhhh but then some people were also to low on Martin's evolutionary employment value skull stick to have a fine taste in music, altho' my Ma's appreciation of Mabon was duly noted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1