bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Martin on BBC Radio Wales Tonight!
Martin on BBC Radio Wales Tonight!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 13:51    Post subject: Martin on BBC Radio Wales Tonight! Reply with quote

I hope you kind people don't regard this as spamming... but, Martin is the special guest on my radio show tonight between 10pm and 1am on BBC Radio Wales. Martin's 'bit' should start around 11:30pm.

BBC Radio Wales is available 93 - 96 & 104FM [in Wales], and 882 / 657 Khz MW. Although the Medium Wave signal is a bit lo-fi and susceptible to swathes of white noise, it can be received as far North as Yorkshire, and there are MW listeners in London.

If you have a Sky, set-top digi box, it's on channel 867.

Otherwise, the show is broadcast on-line, and is available to listen to for a week after the initial broadcast, from http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/radiowales - select Adam Walton from the drop-down menu of programmes in top right corner.

Of course, if Liverpool under perform this afternoon, I'll be pulling a sicky, and you'll end up listening to three hours of Tom Jones' Greatest Hits, which should ensure that we're all praying for the right kind of result this afternoon!

Thanks for your time!

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the unlikely event that you read this in the next few minutes adam, do you know what the fm wavelength is for bbc wales in the north wales/merseyside are? and how long will the "martin bit" be?

i'm pretty tired after a crap day out at bolton, and want to set the stereo to record the interview and go to bed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave... I sympathise with your plight re: Bolton. It's early days, but there was that similar just kicked in the balls feeling after they scored, for the rest of the match... anyway, the FM frequency up here is 95.4-ish on FM... that extends to Chester, at least. You should also get it on 657 Khz MW... atmospheric conditions allowing...

AND [finally] I'll rip a copy and make it available as a download on my site... but that will be after I get back from my holidays.
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one guestW!

Smile
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck all on 95.4 i'm afraid. 657 is a bit crackly but listenable. cheers for that!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FM frequency is a moot point, I'm afraid... most of Wales can't get it. Something to do with our difficult 'topography'... I'll get Martin on ASAP, so you can get some shut eye Smile
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's on now. how long is the interview? i've only got 30 mins left on my tape - will it be over by 12.15?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's at least half an hour left. Sorry, Dave... it's a bit hard to calculate.

I will make it available to download & for the webmaster here if he wants to do something with it.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, cheers.

fuck it, i'll just stay up. not like i've got anything important to do in the morning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Hope you aren't operating any heavy machinery tomorrow [unless it's of loving grace, of course].
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 00:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't listen to this interview, I'm afraid, but...

... what happened to Sami Hyypiä today? Why was he subbed off so early? Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 00:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Davies accidentally elbowed him in the face... well, to be fair, Sami did run into his elbow. Apparently it affected his vision. It affected my stomach. Sami still looks too slow... awesome in the air, though.
AdamW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the interview, Martin.

Good luck with the album. It deserves to reach as wide an audience as possible.

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Kevin Davies accidentally elbowed him in the face... well, to be fair, Sami did run into his elbow. Apparently it affected his vision. It affected my stomach. Sami still looks too slow... awesome in the air, though.

haven't seen it on tv, but since kevin davies spent the rest of the time he was on kicking lumps out of anything in red it wouldn't have surprised me if it wasn't that accidental. we definitely need a new defender and a new striker.

i taped the interview and listened to most of it last night - it was great. thanks adam (and martin).
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to it now.

I'm loving it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3