bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - worst player ever?????
worst player ever?????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris bartley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 19:46    Post subject: worst player ever????? Reply with quote

Come on you can all play this game.....If you think Igor Biscan is bad. I would like to start the bidding with John Gannon. Curly permed midfielder Boro had on loan in 1994. Scary.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean dundee. striker bought by roy evans in the summer of 1998 after he (apparently) had one good season in the bundesliga.

i saw him play once, away at blackburn. he couldn't run. literally couldn't run. he turned a clean-through-on-the-keeper great chance into spooky twilight zone moment by seeming to run without moving towards the goal, allowing the keeper to stroll forward and pick up the ball under no pressure. scary.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

pele. pub rock arse.

mx
chris bartley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 20:56    Post subject: worst ever Reply with quote

Is that the band Pele or are you saying the incredibly gifted Edsen Arantes di Nascimento had an arse like a pub rocker?
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

torben pieknik. That centre back liverpool had. I remember seeing him play against villa and dean saunders took the piss all afternoon.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

torben was much under-rated. and he had a great song - to the tune of teddy-bear's picnic (well ok it wasn't a great song it was da da da da da... etc then "torben piechnik" at the end, but it was original...). and he always used to come over and applaud the fans at the end of games. and he did a brilliant mazy dribble beating 5 players before winning a penalty in a reserve game against forest in 94. and that's it.

who's idea was it to allow saunders to play in that game a week after villa had signed him from us? i remember that game well. the ronny rosenthal miss. mark walters scoring a goal. 20 mins in which villa scored 4 goals, which we'll quietly forget. the away end going through the lfc songbook and completely outsinging the holte end.
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being on the holte end the last game before they took down the terracing and that was against liverpool. Before the match some wanker tried to get everyone in the ground to sing you'll never walk alone. The holte end booed and whistled the whole time and then for the rest of the match sang songs about how fat john barnes was. we won that one too i'm pretty certain.

worse villa player ever... there are too many.
john fashanu, alpay, mark kinsella, gary penrice, ian olney, sasa curcic, peter enklmann, carl tiler, bosko balaban, david ginola.... the list goes on
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Cork
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 08:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

that fucking kvarme

and i meant pele the player, his first touch went further that i can kick it.
AFCW G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Cork!!!! Wash your mouth out, the mans a legend.
John M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a few Dundee-esque signings, I always believe they'll eventually turn things around because obviously Liverpool wouldn't have signed them if they were rubbish. El Hadji Diouf will come good eventually won't he. And so will Emile Heskey, Istvan Kosma, Jimmy Carter, Mark Kennedy....
billycasper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy saville

bald.

wanker.

billy
xx
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hew wrote:
I remember being on the holte end the last game before they took down the terracing and that was against liverpool. Before the match some wanker tried to get everyone in the ground to sing you'll never walk alone. The holte end booed and whistled the whole time and then for the rest of the match sang songs about how fat john barnes was. we won that one too i'm pretty certain.

don't remember ynwa on the tannoy that day. it was the week after the last game of the kop as a terrace. many reds brought flags and banners from that - they were draped all along the away end. there were 3 flags in the holte end. wow.

the holte end was, from my recollection, virtually silent for the whole of the first half, as fowler gave us a 1-0 lead. then in the second half villa got 2 back and there was some (quite loud) singing. and everton didn't get relegated. Sad
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
We've had a few Dundee-esque signings, I always believe they'll eventually turn things around because obviously Liverpool wouldn't have signed them if they were rubbish. El Hadji Diouf will come good eventually won't he. And so will Emile Heskey, Istvan Kosma, Jimmy Carter, Mark Kennedy....

i'd say most of the others have at least shown some signs of quality on occasions, and were just frustrating because they couldn't do it regularly. maybe not jimmy carter. Rolling Eyes
Robbie Savage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 00:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2