bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - How to subvert the music industry...
How to subvert the music industry...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 23:21    Post subject: How to subvert the music industry... Reply with quote

I've talked before about Marillion financing two albums & a tour by getting fans to pre-order their albums.

Here's a link to an interview that gives a (IMHO) fascinating insight into the way record companies operate and how they have made the music industry work for them and allow them to keep making music.

It's the second one (with Mark Kelly) that tells you all about this. They've certainly got the business side of things sewn up!
See what you think...

http://www.dprp.net/specials/marillion0504/index.php
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I've talked before about...."

I, being me!

Can anyone tell me how to stop the login getting reset everytime my poxy dial up terminates itself?
Roll on broadband Rolling Eyes

..they have made the music industry... They, being Marillion!

Last edited by Dubya - T on Mon Sep 13, 2004 00:08; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 00:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that whole article is much too long to be entertaining 2:14am reading! Perhaps I'll have another look tomorrow...
So, instead of commenting on that article, I thought I would update you with the latest Hanoi Rocks news. Rolling Eyes

I saw Michael Monroe playing with a band called Beatsan Dstyles on Thursday night... it was quite... interesting! Beatsan Dstyles play some kind of dance music with a little bit of reggae/r'n'b/rap. Mike Monroe only played two songs with them, but they were definitely the best. He still rocks like fuck !
Their new single is called 'Renegades' and you can download the video here.
renegades.wmv - 25MB / / / renegades.mpg - 13MB
It's quite a catchy song actually, and you can spot Andy McCoy on it too a couple of times. Yay! Rolling Eyes

Oh, and during my visit to England I noticed that there's a new Hanoi Rocks collection album out:

I haven't seen it in Finland yet which is a bit strange since most of the Hanoi albums were released here first. Well, I have all those songs already anyway, but I suppose it would still be nice having it in my collection...!
Also, Michael Monroe is working on his new solo album, Andy McCoy was a star of his own very odd tv show a little while ago, and according to some rumours, Hanoi Rocks have already begun recording their next album! They have a new bassist in the band now, some Swedish guy who has played with Johnny Thunders earlier... I can't remember his name.
Oh, and Sam Yaffa plays with New York Dolls now, and Jan Stenfors (Nasty Suicide) occasionally joins Hanoi Rocks when they're touring.

Rock like fuck, clarts. Smile

Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1