bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Paul Wellar is a cunt because.....
Paul Wellar is a cunt because.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 22:53    Post subject: Paul Wellar is a cunt because..... Reply with quote

c'mon kids this one could run and run....!

1. He sinks insipid shit songs about girls and flowers.

2. He thinks it is cool to hang out with ocean colour scene and have them play live with him.

3. He pull ridiculous gurning vinegar stroke faces whilst launching into another tedious, utterley unoriginal and tuneless guitar solo, whilst all his asbestos brained fans look on in awe.

Over to you....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 09:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunt's a harsh word.

Let Paul Weller make his music; if we don't like it, then we won't listen to it, but I happen to know he makes a lot of people happy.
billycasper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

4) Check out the Martin Carr interview in the latest issue of Big Takeover magazine (tricky to track down, i found it in borders) for the funniest weller is a cunt story I ever heard. won't retell it cos i wouldnt do it justice, and don't have magazine with me. maybe someone else can put it up?

went to super furries / zabrinski in oxford last night. 5th time i'd seen furries, best yet. anyone off to reading - check them out.

billy
xx
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont use the c word lightly but if you can think of a better word to describe him then please let me know.

Imagine living in a world where you derived happiness from listening to a Paul Weller record.
Holroyd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ...I'd rather not.

I don't find cunt to be particularly offensive. It's an ancient word, going back to pre-Roman times with associations with fertility and the Mother Goddess (it is believed). It is thought that the River Kennet in Wiltshire, the valley of which is one of the richest prehistoric landscapes in the UK, derives its name from the same source.

Stephen Fry pointed out that it is odd that all the most offensive words in English are related to sex - cunt, cock, fuck etc - while words like rape and torture are quite acceptable. Just a thought.

Anyway, this means that Paul Weller *is* a cunt. So there. Well, pretty much everything he has done since Wild Wood would suggest as much. I mean, has anyone here heard his turgid, lifeless, impotent version of Wishing On A Star? Licensing Officers of the music industry unite and please stop the divvy murdering any other classics.
Dubya-T

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard his latest offering?

He's gone all Jamie Cullum and is probably talking about how "there has always been a Jazz element to my music"

Oh dear....
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

scuse me for disagreeing, i don't think he'sa c*nt as a personand i derive great pleasure frm listening to his music.

as for the 'c' word, why is is that the most offensive expetive is descriptive of something essentially female? what does that say about how men see women?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post above. I agree it is odd. Veeeeery off. And unsettling. Not to say misogynisitc.
Holroyd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was me that said that. I forgot to log in.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way that me calling Paul Wellar a cunt is misogynistic. I will happily change the word if someone can think of something more apt. Bad language is just bad language. If someone calls me a prick its cos they think i'm a prick not that they hate men.
AdamW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going to tell us Martin's Weller story????

For the record: I met Paul Weller once and he struck me as a bit of a joyless bastard. Takes things a bit seriously - including his music - and he bangs on about his modness to the point where I want to burn all my Fred Perrys [and, I have a few], but other than that, and all of his records since Stanley Road, he's not exactly George Dubya, is he?

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfiresky wrote:
There is no way that me calling Paul Wellar a cunt is misogynistic. I will happily change the word if someone can think of something more apt.

Tedious old has-been?
Holroyd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. This signing in lark has me flummoxed. That was me again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

'That's Entertainment' was a good song though.
Best use of the phrase "Kick in the balls" I've ever heard.

Melz.
AdamW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "slashed seat affairs" line... he was only about 19 when he wrote that. The bastard.

Why do your jazz musicians, your country musicians and your blues musicians seem to get better with age, yet your poppers and rockers - in the main, and present company of course excepted - rust like tyre irons left on the seashore.

The pop and rock vocabulary doesn't really allow for age and experience, does it? Otherwise you end up with something fucking horrendous like Mike and the Mechanics. Spew.

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2