bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - the time has come!!!!
the time has come!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 01:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole team looked disjointed, I suppose that’s to be expected with the number of new players. I hate it when we just play one main striker and end up hoofing it over the top for him to chase. I thought Finnan and Josemi did OK but that was about it.

Dave W - what was the atmosphere like at the game?

I've just read that the Real Madrid manager has resigned already, managers don't get much time these days do they.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea what we were fucking thinking, sitting back and letting one of the best attacking teams in the world, well, attack. we tried the old 'soak it up and grab a jammy free kick towards the end' trick that worked a couple of seasons ago but i think we're so much better than that and all we had to do was play like we did against monaco. when we did start playing in the second half (and when kewell remembered that he was at work and not at home watching it on a big plasma telly) utd didn't look half as good. i really like josemi, gutted about gerard. i was embarrassed the first half, fucking awful. you don't see any other teams play like that against utd. we made them look good. atmosphere sounded amazing though, normally we outshout 'em but the noise was amazing.

mx
Dave w.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Dave W - what was the atmosphere like at the game?

atmosphere was pretty good. i think we outsung them for most of the game. it's hard to tell how loud it is overall when everyone around you is singing. i think my ears are still ringing from the sound of 3000 going mental after we scored.

the mancs still sang "you're the worst away support we've ever seen", along with their other classics - 14 years, sign on, build a bonfire, if you all hate scousers. were there any songs actually about their team? but never forget that we're obssessed with them.

there were some idiots in our end trying to start some pretty tasteless stuff, but it didn't really catch on, i'm glad to say.

apart from the grazer ak games, every away this season's been rubbish, and every home game great. i'll have to stop going away. it's the opposite of houllier, where we were bored shitless every game at anfield, but could get results away. at least we're trying to play a bit of football now.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, its pretty hard to tell when you are amongst the singing but i've rarely heard utd fans as loud as they were last night even though most of the songs were directed at scousers (including, i suppose, wayne rooney).
mx
columbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 09:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit of confidence back in the team after saturday?

good luck tonite the lads in red!
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

all footy talk in the football! thread please.

love

the management x
columbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry management! Embarassed

back to the 2nd half then......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2