bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Top 3 bands/artists that should win the...
Top 3 bands/artists that should win the...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 22:07    Post subject: Top 3 bands/artists that should win the... Reply with quote

... stop-whining-for-fuck's-sake-and-write-some-decent-songs-instead -award.

1. Radiohead
2. Damon Albarn / (post-1998) Blur
3. Travis
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blur's last album had a few decent songs, to say the least.

L&P
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 09:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was worried that the Blur album would suck without Coxon, but they pulled off some really nice songs in there (mixed in with some that did indeed suck admitedly)

And Radiohead don't whine so much any more, most of the tracks on Hail To The Thief are loud and generally a bit scarey!

But Travis do.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of Blur once (honestly) but the new album was/is a disappointment. It's not awful, they just used to be so much better. 'Out of Time', 'Crazy Beat' and 'Brothers and Sisters' are all good songs, but the other songs are just boring. I listened to all the previous Blur albums loads and loads of times but I've only listened to this about 3 times since it was released. It's not very good.
The fact is that Graham Coxon's newest solo album is just so much better, and without him Blur are nothing. Kinda sad but true.
What was Damon Albarn's solo EP 'Democrazy' like?
John M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 00:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the last Blur album, it was infinitely better than 13 and right up there with the best stuff they've ever done.

I'm filled with horror by the idea of Noel, Damon, Coldplay et al re-recording "Do They Know Its Christmas" This idea is wrong on so many levels and I hope that its just some Chris Morris style prank.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's true as I'm pretty sure I heard Sir Bob himself on TV saying they were thinking of doing it.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

They r doing it - Midge Ure is overseeing it 'cos Sir Bob is in Africa. Chris Martin from Coldpay is on it too. Woo fucking doo. I'll just donate the price of the single to charity... Not wanting to dis live aid or its intent or what it achieved but I think it was shite for music - Really fucked the 80s up 'cos shite dying bands like Queen used it as a platform to re-launch their careers etc. Think it stopped a lot of more talented bands at that time from breaking through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1