bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Boo radleys reissue / anthology
Boo radleys reissue / anthology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:48    Post subject: Boo radleys reissue / anthology Reply with quote

Hey girls and boys and girls!
Here is something I found on the Creation site.
Did you, Martin, forget to tell us??

Joe Foster talks about the new Creation reissues

In the interview he reveals that alongside the previously announced Hurricane#1, Slowdive and Boo Radleys anthologies, there will also be an album from Swervedriver. Joe is also planning to release on his own Rev-Ola label the 'lost' Telescopes album which would have been their second for Creation.

(….)

What were the reactions of the bands involved in the reissue project?

Slowdive's reaction was the most humorous - they wondered if they had enough songs for the anthology that is coming out. Swervedriver, after I contacted them, their attitude was - 'Oh let Joe and Alan (Moulder) take care of it - they can do all the technical stuff that needs to be done'. Moulder will make sure all the best versions make the cut, and the band are very involved in the whole thing and Martin Carr and myself worked very hard to present the best Boo Radleys anthology possible.

Was there any difficulty with the Boo Radleys release?

Martin? Martin Carr was very easy. There was originally going to be a 'Best Of' coming out on Sony. And Martin was horrified at the tracklisting. It gave no picture of the band at all, it was basically Wake Up Boo! and all the songs that sounded like Wake Up Boo!. And unbeknowst to Sony, Martin had written in his contract, a clause that gave him right to refuse any anthology tracklisting. Martin and I worked up the new Boo's tracklisting and it is very good and very comprehensive, it includes all the early singles and goes up to the Creation years, and is much more a picture of what the Boos were about.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't know some of that, i'm so fucking cool Wink

mx
Benno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are like a god to me.
joeloke22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 23:10    Post subject: Anthology? cd or dvd? Reply with quote

Smile Cooool! can't wait til it comes out! Rolling Eyes Is the Anthology gonna be released on cd or dvd?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it's going to be released only on cassette! Shocked
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did no one tell me about this? Neutral

um, actually, what is it?

will it be a DVD that has Ride The Tiger on the Late Late Show (in Ireland) in about 1997? no???

I wonder if they mimed. I know someone who knows someone who was on it recently, and THEY didn't play live.
Rolling Eyes
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

When's it going to be released then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1