bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Introduction
Introduction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeOK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 13:24    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself since I posted like five times tonight/day.

I am a really big fan of Martin’s music and the first thing I ever bought was the “Every Heaven E.P.” back in the day. I already posted about that though.

I’m American and live in the Los Angeles area, and no I did not vote for Bush. Around the same age as Martin as well.

About my name, BeeOK: I have been using it on the net since around 2000 and post with this name on a few music related message boards. It’s named after the last song the Boo Radleys ever released and ironically only put out in the US. Three minutes of bliss and I’m sure all of you know the song. I will post under this name until the day I die because it suites me perfectly.

I have been to this message board a couple of times and never had any desire to post before but never really checked it out either. I heard over this last weekend that Bravecaptain was releasing a new live album so I came to the site. When the title of the album ended with “bee” I just knew I was going to post. Post I did and went off a bit and hopefully this will be a regular stop for me. I haven’t browsed much yet but I will. If you are all into Martin’s music than that’s a great start.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I don't actually know the BeeOK song, shame on me! Actually, that b-sides thread has made me realise how many b-sides I don't have too. (I have got all the early albums and EPs on vinyl though Very Happy )
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BeeOK song is Put Your Arms Around Me And Tell Me Everything's Going To Be OK . It's a great song and I've been trying to find the US version of Kingsize only because of that.
Most of the b-sides are excellent too and definitely worth checking out... try to find the Boo-sides CD for example...

BeeOK - welcome aboard, it's good to see new faces on the board! Smile
It isn't always very busy here, but quantity has been replaced by quality .
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

That song (which is incidentally, utter genius) is on the UK vinyl version of Kingsize as well.
I've been trying to find the Boo-sides thing for ages, mainly cos I don't have any Boo stuff on cd so I've missed loads of extra tracks, and the b-sides tend to be bette than the a-sides most of the time. Anyone know where I can get a copy? I've tried ebay to no avail. . . anyone willing to burn me a copy?
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be really interested in a b-sides comp too if possible, it'd be nice to finish off my collection. I started trying to buy all the singles on ebay but it was getting far too expensive so I stopped. I only have internet at work too, so I can't get Soulseek or Kazzar or whatever either.

I'll send a Cd and envelope to anyone who can do me a copy of course... Smile
BeeOK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome everyone, so far. I like to post and talk about music and wonder if this board will get into talking about other bands as well?

I was about to say to Mixedcasesspaces and Andy to hit me up either through PM or E-mail and I should be able to hook you up with Boo-Sides . Mixed, you might want to try and get it from someone in the UK if you have to go through snail mail. If no one says anything than we can work it out.

Tommy Boo, or anyone else that is interested: If you want a copy of the US edition of Kingsize I might (bee) able to help. See I live in California and we have the best record store on earth called Amoeba. I have seen, on many occasions, a used copy of this album. It may still be available new but unsure about that. I’m willing to help out any big fan of the Boo Radleys, as I understand the need to own everything. The only thing that I am missing, besides those songs on the Boo-Sides Collection , are those one/two(?) Kingsize EP’s promos which I would die to actually own.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

that record shop is incredible. i bought the c'mon kids album in the san fransisco branch whilst on holiday in the us. it is a sea of records and cds as far as the eye can see.

yes yes oh yay.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go there.

BeeOK - I might be interested in the US Kingsize version indeed... I could then help you with getting some of the boo-sides and perhaps some live stuff...
mixedcasesspaces - you have a PM waiting for you. no watersliding girls this time, I promise. Rolling Eyes
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one of you good folk with the Boo Sides could rip it to MP3 & stick it up at alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie

Not that I condone that sort of thing, you understand Wink
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
The BeeOK song is Put Your Arms Around Me And Tell Me Everything's Going To Be OK .

could someone email me a copy of that song (or msn it if that's easier, and if i can figure out how it works!)?

i had a copy of the mp3 that was posted on here a while ago, but i had to leave it on my work computer when i left, as i didn't have a home computer at that time. i want it back.

maybe you could drop me a pm if you can help. thanks.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will e-mail it to you. Just PM me your e-mail address.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I always got my boo's on lp so this thread is well worth it just to know which song didn't make kingsize cd. it should've done. but then, heck, it was the last days of the viynll wars so all of us who bought it on lp deserved something special for trying Wink

And don't worry about bush bee, from where we are all yer choices were shite but then so are ours!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I always got my boo's on lp so this thread is well worth it just to know which song didn't make kingsize cd. it should've done. but then, heck, it was the last days of the viynll wars so all of us who bought it on lp deserved something special for trying

And don't worry about bush bee, from where we are all yer choices were shite but then so are ours!
180 Rain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 08:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
The BeeOK song is Put Your Arms Around Me And Tell Me Everything's Going To Be OK . It's a great song and I've been trying to find the US version of Kingsize only because of that.

That song's on my Australian version of the album (it was the cheapest on eBay at the time) but it's titled just "Put your arms around me". Am I right that there was meant to be a hidden track on the UK version right at the beginning if you 'rewound' the cd from track 1?

I reckon my cd has this in the first minute before "Blue room in archway" kicks in. It's vocodered (?) vocals ala "C'mon kids" intro with "switch off your radio..." lyrics - anyone know what this track is called - alternatively is this the real intro to the album, in which case I look like a bit of a prick? Confused

Tommy BOO wrote:
Most of the b-sides are excellent too and definitely worth checking out... try to find the Boo-sides CD for example...

Anyone still looking for b-sides or Boo-sides I might be able to help - PM me if interested.Wink

Hey Tommy have you finished moving yet Very Happy
BeeOK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

180 Rain wrote:
Tommy BOO wrote:

That song's on my Australian version of the album (it was the cheapest on eBay at the time) but it's titled just "Put your arms around me". Am I right that there was meant to be a hidden track on the UK version right at the beginning if you 'rewound' the cd from track 1?

I reckon my cd has this in the first minute before "Blue room in archway" kicks in. It's vocodered (?) vocals ala "C'mon kids" intro with "switch off your radio..." lyrics - anyone know what this track is called - alternatively is this the real intro to the album, in which case I look like a bit of a prick? Confused

That is interesting that they shorten the title of that song. I also did not know it was put out on the UK vinyl version. That song is so good it should have been a single but I love telling my story of the names origin.

The name of the song that you have to rewind before track one is called Tranquillo , to my understanding. If I’m wrong someone will correct me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2