bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The End of the World Thread
The End of the World Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:12    Post subject: The End of the World Thread Reply with quote

Its 10.45pm and you turn on the telly to discover that the world is going to end in 15 minutes after being hit by a big comet that not even Bruce Willis can stop. What will be your last meal and what song will you listen to in your remaining time on this mortal coil?

I'd run down to my local chippy, get fish and chips, sprint back again, put on "Groove Is In The Heart" and hide under a table.
Kris

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the chippy might be shut mate.
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't got a television or a radio in my chippy so they'd be unaware of the impending collision.
Kris

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they may take a wander out to the street to ask why everyone was in such a hurry Razz
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, perhaps you're right. I might just have some toast instead. That will give me time to listen to "Groove Is In The Heart" twice. Plus I could ring the people at the chippy and warn them thus giving me extra brownie points with God which may just be enough to get me into heaven. Everyones a winner.
plip

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont we just get on with the topic (which is a top topic) and stop getting bogged down in whether or not the bleedin' chippy will be open.

I would pick my nose and eat it and sing 'gimme shelter' x
Kris

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I do fuckin apologise, "plip"

I'd listen to Zabrinski and eat our lass for 15 minutes
Kinkster's Lass

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 06:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even if it was the end of the world clart.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 08:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster's Lass wrote:
Not even if it was the end of the world clart.

OK sorry love we'll forget Zabrinski and have a record of your choice.

As long as it's not INXS FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
Mr Gigglepants

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have a big bowl of crack, follwed up with a side order of smack shot directly into my eyeballs... perhaps a glass of chianti as well. I assume I'd be listening to the sweet sounds of London turning itself inside out.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you all into such 'do-able' things in your last minutes? How about doing something you've never done since your time is nearly done?

Love and Peace
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Why are you all into such 'do-able' things in your last minutes? How about doing something you've never done since your time is nearly done?

I would do something usual as well, something that makes me feel comfortable and safe (as fuck) in every day life. There wouldn't be much time to do something new anyway, and what if you didn't like it? I wouldn't like to waste the last 15 minutes on something stupid.

I wish that I was at home when I heard the news. I would listen to 'One Last Hurrah' for the one last time because it would be appropriate for the situation, and then I would call my controversial girlfriend (she lives more than 15 minutes away from me so I couldn't meet her) and just say a couple of nice words and goodbyes. After that I'd like to meet my family who's important to me after all, and one minute and fifteen seconds before the disaster, I would start to listen to 'Lazarus'. 30 seconds remaining: I would find a two euros coin and put it under my tongue - it's for the Boatman Charon to transport me across the Styx, I wouldn't like to wait next to the river for 100 years before being allowed into the underworld! Rolling Eyes I would spend the last minutes and seconds of my life just thinking of all the good things and memories, all my friends and family... I think it would be a beautiful moment, not necessarily so sad.
The comet would hit the Earth just a couple of seconds after 'Lazarus' reaches its best part - the part where the trumpets and all the instruments join in.
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 06:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'D GIVE MRS KEN A GREAT BIG CUDDLE WHILST PLAYING SOME SELECTED CUTS FROM SHAKIN STEVENS SEMINAL 1981 TAPE "SHAKY!"
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 08:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
How about doing something you've never done since your time is nearly done?

I've never sat under a table eating fish and chips while listening to Deee-Lite so that would be a new experience for me.

I like the idea of Tommy trying to pick an appropriate bit of a song to coincide with the end of the world. With this in mind I'll change my selection so as the comet hits I'm listening to the scary instrumental bit in the middle of "You Made Me Realise". However I'm bound to get the timing wrong though and my last words will on Earth will be, "Shit, I'm going to have to rewind it....".
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 08:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIT WHEN SHAKY YELLS "OH MONA LISA" IN THE MIDDLE OF GREEN DOOR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2