bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 93 Feet Live on the 10th was rockin'
93 Feet Live on the 10th was rockin'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:49    Post subject: 93 Feet Live on the 10th was rockin' Reply with quote

So, bravecaptain last night was ace.

The first band, Piney Gir were ace too actually, my sister and I got there half way through their set and at first were a bit shocked at their blatant use of 80s synths and Casio-drums beats but the cool and cute Bjork-style singer (called Piney Gir in fact I think) pulled it off. There was one especially good song where one of the keyboardists sang a duet, which should've sucked but somehow was brilliant. They were so good I paid a tenner for their album at the end. Weird, but good.

Then Blue States came on, and they were pretty average really... mostly instrumental, which is uaually somethign I like, but they didn't really have any interesting melodies to latch on to and it just turned into background noise really. I went and said hi to the captain instead - having not properly met you before that Martin, I'm glad you turned out to be a good bloke! I hadn't quite realised how tall you were either. My sister and I talked to another guy called Martin who posts on here too, who was a nice guy (hi there!).

Then at 10pm, Martin and Mr. Drummer started off and after a little problem with the headphones played a mixed up version of AWOBMOLG. There wasn't really many people there unfortunately and the people who were there were mostly sitting round the edges. The bc set started off with some tinkly bells (just like on the allonewordsmallbee album) and lots of noise. I didn't see any of the laptop-only shows, but I suspect that the live drummer added a lot to the show, if only because it gives more stuff to watch. There was video projected onto the backdrop too, including George Dubya and Our Tony and quite a lot of GTA. Noone got to clap until after the third song because there were no gaps, but when the gap came everyone clapped quite a lot. It was a cool set, finishing with a mix of Weaponized of course... A few people were dancing, but most people were just watching - It was brilliant even without the crowd, but if it'd been more full with everyone dancing then it would've been the most amazing gig ever!

Rockin'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

bollocks. that sounds alright, that. i like piney gir.

i couldn't make it cos i had to work - which was crap.

the mags and the 'tic were both chinned in extra time in the football.

my bike didn't start this morning. gah!

all round a rather rubbish few hours....

cheers for the review...maybe i'll make one of the other dates. Smile

mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did turn into a bit of a review didn't it, it wasn't meant to be one when I started out!

Here are some pictures too:

http://www.offbeat.org.uk/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1035
http://www.offbeat.org.uk/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1036
http://www.offbeat.org.uk/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1034
http://www.offbeat.org.uk/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1033

Mark
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that review mixedcases you have saved me doing one myself as i agreed with pretty much everything you said.

I thought Blue States were absolute crap and I can't believe that martin might have to support that rubbish on some dates.

I was drunk by the time I got there and very drunk when I left. I travelled in early with the intention of doing something cultural in London but ended up sitting in a pub with a newspaper on Brick Lane for 4 hours.

Martin your set over-ran until 11.15pm you bad man so I missed my last train home and had to stagger 3 miles eventually arriving back at 1.30am!

Anyway the set was fantastic the drummer (Ken from rhyl will be delighted) adds a real extra dimension to the laptop set and I want to see the songs played again on this tour.

Cheers for a gr8 night x.
patrick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 14:28    Post subject: doh! Reply with quote

only problem was, i was so drunk by the end of the night that i didn't get a chance to get a pre-release copy of the album! i did hang out with martin after, tho, which made up for it. you knows it clarts...
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, I thought piney Gir was aaaaaaawful, and that duet was positively mind numbingly bad!

Blue States, what a bore, their drummer had one beat and played it on every song! They think they played 3 instrumentals, I think they played the same one 3 times!! And the singer was sapping the life out of me!

I can't grumble about the Captain cos he did sing more than he usually does but there were some cacophanous noises going on at times that were a bit distracting, I think Big Black Pig Pile was the worst for that...and was that Grand Theft Auto playing on the screen during Weaponise?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1