bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - bravecaptain gigs
bravecaptain gigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 13:12    Post subject: bravecaptain gigs Reply with quote

so, how many times and where you've seen the captain live?
i've seen him only three times (more often than any other band or artist, by the way!Wink), but i'll get to see some more gigs in the future!

November 2002, Camden Barfly (?), London
this is still the best gig of those three, and it would have been even better if i had known more of the songs! AFM was still brand new then but i had only heard 'Better Living Through Reckless Experimentation' and the first two albums then. i bought AFM that night though. somehow i managed to persuade two of my friends to come with me and they liked it too (or at least that's what they told me and Martin afterwards). the atmosphere that night was magic and during the last song 'better living through reckless experimentation' it was even better. shame it ended so soon. after the gig i stole Martin's plectrum that he had dropped on the stage. i hope it wasn't his last one and that wasn't the reason why he started those laptop gigs. Rolling Eyes you can have your plectrum back if you want Martin!

6th December 2003, Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff
i had been watching the second round FA cup match between Bristol City and Barnsley earlier that day (0-0, Barnsley won the replay at home) and had to leave 5 minutes before the final whistle to get to Bristol railway station and to Cardiff in time for a couple of drinks before the gig! the gig itself was OK although the captain had some technical problems, but the atmosphere was shite because everyone (except for me and some other guy) was just sitting on the floor. Martin was supporting some boring band dressed in strange white costumes that night. i heard some new songs that night (i think) and then i heard this familiar-sounding song as well but i didn't recognise it... (later the captain told me that it was 'Lazarus'!!Shocked) well, i'm sure it was a good gig even though it looks like i can't remember everything about it. the Cardiff nightlife was good too, can't believe why people would want to move to London after that...! Rolling Eyes

31st July 2004, The Spitz, London
better than the Cardiff gig, and it was nice to see so many familiar faces that night too! Her Space Holiday who were supporting Martin were good, so good that i bought their album. oh, and i met Ed Ball! Very Happy he's bald and ace. i had only heard the short soundclips from captain's new album then so once again i had some trouble recognising the songs, but it was good anyway. the grand theft auto video on the background was funny... maybe Martin was just playing the game all the time and just pretending to sing and play (music)!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, even less pour moi. I've seen him once.

26th April (I think) 2001, Kägelbanan, Stockholm, Sweden.

I'll write later what it was like, it was interesting.

Love & Peace
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, you've seen the captain in Sweden, lucky you.
When I win the lottery (the chances are quite small though because I never play it!) I will buy a flight ticket to Finland for Martin then a pint of Sandels beer and a bag of crisps, so that he would play in the local club.
I know that the Boos once played in Finland and in my new hometown too(Martin has some bad memories related to that though, I can't remember what it is exactly but I think that there's some money and a guy who ran away with it involved!) That's a bit disappointing but maybe he'll come back one day. Rolling Eyes
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, I meant to do a post like this the other day, only I was gonna include the Boos as well, seeing as I never saw them either

Crying or Very sad

I don't know if they even ever played in Ireland* Embarassed

(*not counting an appearance on a crappy chat show here. I say crappy, but no disrespect to the Boos, as it's still a popular show, and was more credible, and less shit then than it is now Wink )
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1