bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Nottingham Gig on the 12th
Nottingham Gig on the 12th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 21:28    Post subject: Nottingham Gig on the 12th Reply with quote

I know I've already posted on this, but I can't find the damn thread on it Rolling Eyes

Anyone fancy meeting up for a drink there? I'm gonna be on my own, or possibly with Melz if he ever gets in touch......

I finish work in Leeds at 6 and aim to be getting there for 8. Hope I wont miss any BC or Blue States!

Kris
xxx
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

On me own then Sad

If anyone see's a lonely looking lad wearing a deep blue hoody with "LOST" emblazened across the front, nursing a shandy, take pity on the poor boy and go say hello to him Wink

Kinks
xxx
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on me own to London Kinks as I have no friends but I still had fun so don't worry too much....!
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get there as early as you can to see Piney Gir!
lardpony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to this. Piney Gir was incredible. after that I don't remember anything because it started an hour and a half late so I got stupidly drunk.
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, due to bc's van breaking down all we got to see was 20 mins of genius Rolling Eyes

Still well worth it though, and I got to chat to the great man for a while, which was nice Smile

I would have bought that Piney Gir CD if it wasn't for Martin ordering me to buy ten of his instead!

Will write more when I get time

Kinks
xxxx
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyway I got to Nottingham Social at 7:50 only to be turned away "until at least nine".

Sat downstairs and thankfully got to chat to a very warm and lovely girl called Rebecca for an hour (thanks... you saved me from a very lonely evening Smile ).

When the doors finally opened I was first in and, thinking I should have the courage (rather than the last bc gig where I bottled it), decided to walk straight over and say hello to Martin. He explained about the breakdown and apologised that all bands were having 30 minutes cut from their playing time. Shame, but hey, in the end I saw a bc laptop gig with a fantastic drummer, and it's whetted my appetite for more!

Piney Gir was fantastic.... Just the lead singer with an iPod (she kept trying to convince us she wasn't cheating and had a band that couldn't come Wink )

After bc finished I decided to hang around to see Blue States. They were frankly, boring as fuck, but luckily Martin had come over by then so we talked over the top of them heheh.

Just to echo everyone else's comments on here, Martin is one of the warmest and friendliest people you could ever hope to meet - he even endured my rant about how great C'Mon Kids was with a smile on his face. A true pleasure to meet my hero at last!

Oh and by the way Martin, I checked out the anticon website.... I'll let you know what I think once I've done a bit more listening

Kinkster
xxx
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

and oh yes, I know I said that All Watched Over was the album of the year, but I changed my mind....

It's allonewordsmallbee

K
x
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster - Piney Gir with just an Ipod! ...you would've missed the song that was a duet with her keyboard player then, that was ace.

Mr Firesky - I actually asked a few people at the 93 Feet Live gig if they were you but none of them were and so they all thought I was weird instead.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sort of drunkenly leaning on a post at the front. I love the idea of you going up to people and saying are you mr firesky? sounds a bit like the sort of things that a spy would do!

When the gig finished I shouted some encouragement at martin ( sort of along the lines of GOAAAANNNNNNN THE FUCKIN' CAPTAIN!) then hastily made a sharp exit up some stairs which led to the mixing desk!

I then snuck out the venue hoping no one had seen me!
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, you were leaning on the post at stage left, i.e. on the Martin side rather than the drummer side.

I was standing behind you a bit, dancing (well, kind of anyway) at the end. I was with my sister.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was me!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

mixedcasesspaces wrote:
I was with my sister.

mrfiresky wrote:
that was me!

OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1