bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Good Life
Good Life
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Good Life Reply with quote

and the other songs Martin played on the radio recently..... Anyone got them?
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've good life and big black pig pile on tape from the radio1 session. you can have a copy if you really want.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
i've good life and big black pig pile on tape from the radio1 session. you can have a copy if you really want.

really want , as opposed to just plain old want ? Smile
if you could send them as mp3s through email or messenger, that would be cool, but I'm not askin' no one to send nothin' via snail mail.......unless it's the only option that there's ever gonna be
Wink
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
Dave w. wrote:

really want , as opposed to just plain old want ? Smile
if you could send them as mp3s through email or messenger, that would be cool, but I'm not askin' no one to send nothin' via snail mail.......unless it's the only option that there's ever gonna be
Wink

yeah i'm not sending nothing to no-one who just wants it. i have no idea how to convert a tape into an mp3, but (as i've maybe said before) if someone can teach me how that would be good.

wasn't someone going to put these songs somewhere sometime? if they're not and no-one else has them and you do really want them i will send them by snail mail.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... can you put tape onto CD, first of all?
paulwhite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to record from tape to mp3, you have connect your tape player with the 'line in' on your computer using 2 stereo phono leads to a mini jack plug. (This is all depending on what you have on your tape player and PC though)

Make sure you have 'line in' recording enabled on your PC.

Get a sound recording software thingy, you can probably download one for free. (Audigy or summit), and click record, and click play on your tape player.

Then you will have a .wav file of the songs. Save them. Get an wav-mp3 converter, and convert it to mp3.

And thats it! It should all take about 30-60mins depending on how practical it is.

whitex
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
hmmm... can you put tape onto CD, first of all?

no.

as in can't. not won't. Rolling Eyes
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwhite wrote:
well to record from tape to mp3, you have connect your tape player with the 'line in' on your computer using 2 stereo phono leads to a mini jack plug. (This is all depending on what you have on your tape player and PC though)

Make sure you have 'line in' recording enabled on your PC.

Get a sound recording software thingy, you can probably download one for free. (Audigy or summit), and click record, and click play on your tape player.

Then you will have a .wav file of the songs. Save them. Get an wav-mp3 converter, and convert it to mp3.

And thats it! It should all take about 30-60mins depending on how practical it is.

whitex

thanks for the advice. at present i don't have the leads, mini jack plug or software. but apart from that i'm ready to go!

i'm a bit ignorant when it comes to computer technology. if i went to pc world, say, and asked for stereo phono leads and a mini jack plug would they know what i was talking about? and how much would they cost, roughly?
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shuts up and lets the experts take over*
paulwhite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you should be able to get a stereo phono lead - to a mini jack plug lead somewhere. PC World wouldn't have it, but comet might. If you just describe what you need to them they should be able to help you anyway.

Shouldn't cost over a tenner. sometimes leads can be a bit pricey, though.

Software should be easy enough to download. I said 'Audigy' before. I meant 'Audacity' A very very good bit of music software for free. Search for it at www.download.com
Ater you recorded it, you can reverse it and listen to martin singing backwards

minutes of fun

whitex
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i'll give that a go when i find time and motivation.

my experience of getting advice from people in electrical shops isn't great. i tried to buy a lead to connect a walkman to my stereo when the cd player bit broke, and what they sold me didn't do what they said it would do. but they gave me a refund, so nowt lost i suppose...

are you speaking from experience on martin's backwards singing? is it as good as sice's?
paulwhite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no, sice is still the best backwards singer Razz

talking of singing, hasn't martin's singing really really improved since the beginnings of bc?, and the vocal recordings are crystal clear as well.

whitex
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwhite wrote:
talking of singing, hasn't martin's singing really really improved since the beginnings of bc?, and the vocal recordings are crystal clear as well.

a) yes
b) i've no idea. what you're talking about. these musicians and their technical terms... Rolling Eyes
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

eca si gnignis sdrawkcab ym

I can convert stuff to MP3 no prob but it would mean sending me a copy of the tape - no problem though, if you're stuck gimme a shout. But recording straight into PC should be ok as long as you have a half decent soundcard.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how fussed anyone is about this. it's probably going to be at least a month before i get round to buying leads and trying to convert the tape to mp3s or whatever. so if anyone really wants to hear these songs i'll send them a copy of the tape, and maybe they can do the technical jiggery pokery for other people. does that sound reasonable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2