bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Rising from the ashes.......
Rising from the ashes.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 18:33    Post subject: Rising from the ashes....... Reply with quote

Just a topical question, should Queen really reform with Paul Rodgers as the new vocalist?

Personally, I think Queen should tour like the Elvis Presley band and simply project Freddie Mercury onto big screens, surely a better option that getting Rodgers involved. And Free weren't that good anyway. Hopefully my Dad isn't reading this, or his ears will start steaming as his favourite band of all time are Free, and god how I've suffered for it over the years. Rolling Eyes

I await the views with interest.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with everything you said. i wouldn't go like but they wouldn't get any gyp from my corner. as long as they didnt do 'i'm in love with my car'.

my dads name is mike carr! i never noticed that before, i wonder if he knows just what he means to roger taylor from queen. probably.

mx
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Paul Rodgers thinks he can increase his royalties by making people(I do not include myself obviously) think, 'Hmmmmm, Free, didn't they do 'Alright Now'? Maybe they did something else too? That's it I'm going to go any buy the entire Free back catalogue as he is obviously not insulting Freddie's memory. Respect'
And I'm sure when they get to HMV or wherever, they'll go 'Oh, they're all remastered with bonus tracks, and mid-priced, great!!'
I await the greatest hits of Free at a cut price next to the Queen re-issued back catalogue when they tour next year. Deep joy. I just pray that Mr Rodgers resists the temptation to wear a vest. Or grow a crap tash. And he beeter not try and sneak in 'All Right Now' or 'My Brother Jake'.
Better than Robbie Williams doing it though.

Hopefully, my kids will be moaning when in 25 years Sice joins the remaining members of Nirvana after some 'chemistry' at a crap guitar night show.

It could happen!!!!!!!!! Just think of the re-issues and renewed interest in The Boo Radleys back catalogue!!! People will hear the lost gems at last!!
boo radley's fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sice is too good for a band like "nirvana".
katieken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I agree, however my Dad would argue the genius that is Paul Rodgers is too good for Queen........................
che

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully my kids will whinge. unless i sell them to someone else. then they can put up with the whinging.

SAUSAGES BOATRACE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1