bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 25 and not alive!!!
25 and not alive!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 21:34    Post subject: 25 and not alive!!! Reply with quote

How old is the Brave Captain now? Curiousity more than anything. And feeling depressed as I'm 25 now and keep thinking '25 don't recall a time I felt this alive'. I'm not writing good songs or really achieving anything, a a shit job with the MoD that's all. I always thought I'd be something by now, and I've done bog all. BC can I buy some talent off you!!!!

And anyway, I still think of all my heroes as being the age I am now. Time warped.

It's a bastard though, my age feels exaggerated by the fact that people such as Robben and John Terry are both younger than me. Arse.

Thats my moan over with.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katieken, I was actually thinking about the same the other day.
We're both still young so I'm not too worried about this yet... there will probably be enough time for me to do something that makes this life worthwhile. Wink Do something that you've always wanted to do. I've been planning a little bit something for some time now, I think I will let you know when the time comes...
John M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 00:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

25?! Thats nothing, you should try being 28. I thought I was over the hill when I was 18 and found out that Supergrass and Ash were younger than me, so god knows how far over the hill I am now. And you shouldn't worry about Robben being younger than you, he may only be 13 years old but he looks about 70 - life must be tough over in Holland.

I'm intrigued by the thing which Tommy has been planning for sometime. Give us clues about what it is Tommy, tease us.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aging is not something to be worried about, the way life is, many things improve with age. I'm 25 myself soon, three months left, barely.

Love & Peace
A FAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Ken from Rhyl is 42 years old, and he's still got it!
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar feeling when I was 25, listening to Wake Up and wondering why I wasn't in a band and on my 4th album already. Being 25 wasn't so good, but 26 so far has been good enough to make up for it! I certainly don't think that getting older is bad in any way, except that there's a little less time available to do all the things you might want to do at some point in life.

New Year is great for thinking about that sort of thing, and promising yourself some things to do next year.

Last new year I was single after being with my girlfriend for 5 years, I was feeling like I was 25 and too old to start being single again when most of my friends were in couples, I was missing Uni and wondering how I'd ended up working in an office for 2 1/2 years already. My new years resolution was that: every day if someone I knew was going out anywhere , I would go too rather than stay in... and it worked!

This year I've joined 3 new bands, played gigs round London, met two whole new groups of really nice people, joined a drama group, moved to a nice flat with one of my best friends, gone out most week nights (and still mostly made it into work, if a bit tired!), had cool weekends away, gone to loads of indie clubs and gigs and now met a really nice girl too... and looking back over the year I can't believe how much I've fitted into it and how many cool and memorable things I've done!

Remember that a job (at least while you have no one who is dependant on you!) is just a way of getting money so you can do things with your life!

Sorry, this wasn't meant to get all preachy and cheesy-sounding! I really have had a good year though, and it is all because I decided that I would make it be good.

Right, I'll go now, sorry!
Mark
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that wasn't preachy or cheesy-sounding, that was one of the best posts of 2004 surely. Smile

More about my plans... it involves a bit of travelling and hopefully changing my aspect of life completely. I haven't travelled around the world that much really, I've only been to England (4 times), Germany, Soviet Union (not Russia), Sweden, Denmark (and Finland of course). But instead of sightseeing I'm more interested in seeing how normal people live all around the world. East Europe, South or Middle America, Africa... I only ever see those countries and their people in TV news but I don't even believe that they really exist. I want to see it with my own eyes and spend some time just wandering around those places, trying to avoid spending too much money on pointless things. I'm sure it would be a great experience and it would open my eyes too.
I don't know when I'll have enough time or even courage to do this, but this is something that I'd really love to do one day. If anyone wants to join me, just let me know. Wink
Bev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 28 TODAY mate so I wouldn't worry... I still haven't got a clue wher I'm going with life... (downhill probably, but with a good soundtrack)
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday......... BEV.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy birthday clart, i've got a hangover the size of effin' christmas and it's dedicated to you. ow, ow, etc

mx
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hangover is particulaly stinking this morning too... !
joeloke22 (not logged in)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i see it, is if you feel old,than yur old,although you may be 21 or even 15. by the way i think it helps to achieve things faster.for instance, if i felt like i was 15,then i'd probably think i had all the time in the world & take things in slow-paced way,although i might be 85 & don't have long to live. Rolling Eyes So, i say it's better to feel old,than to feel young. Wink
KENFROM RHYL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL I AM 48 BUT I FEEL MUCH YOUNGER...TO THIS I WILL TEST I'M A BEAUTIFUL MESS.

STILL KEEPING IT REAL CARTS.

I'VE SEEN THE HAND THAT RUSHES IN. DOES IT RUSH OVER YOU?

BOOM!

KEN.
John M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
No, that wasn't preachy or cheesy-sounding, that was one of the best posts of 2004 surely. Smile

More about my plans... it involves a bit of travelling and hopefully changing my aspect of life completely. I haven't travelled around the world that much really, I've only been to England (4 times), Germany, Soviet Union (not Russia), Sweden, Denmark (and Finland of course). But instead of sightseeing I'm more interested in seeing how normal people live all around the world. East Europe, South or Middle America, Africa... I only ever see those countries and their people in TV news but I don't even believe that they really exist. I want to see it with my own eyes and spend some time just wandering around those places, trying to avoid spending too much money on pointless things. I'm sure it would be a great experience and it would open my eyes too.
I don't know when I'll have enough time or even courage to do this, but this is something that I'd really love to do one day. If anyone wants to join me, just let me know. Wink

Tommy, you must go through with this, even if it takes a year or so to save up the cash to do it. Travelling is great and it restores your faith in everything. Look at me, a year ago I spent my weekends hungover in cold North West England playing Pro Evolution Soccer 3. And now I spend my weekends hungover in warm Australia playing Pro Evolution Soccer 4. Travel really does broaden your horizons.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the birthday thing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bev!

Love & Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2