bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - smoke damage
smoke damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 06:21    Post subject: smoke damage Reply with quote

not a good week for me, i wasn't kidding about that fire i caused and the house is smoke damaged throughout and i can't afford to do anything about it. my girlfriend has spent two years making it beautiful and now it stinks. anyone know how to reverse this without having to repaint the whole house? i've seen those ozonizers but they ain't cheap?

mx
katieken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-bay is the answer. Find any old crap and flog it. I have made over £100 this week alone. My advice would be to go out and find Tori Amos cd singles from her first album and flog them. The Yanks pay inflated prices for them, as I have found out. Also, I have found out that one of my mates got ripped off on e-bay by some bloke who was offering a 'how to increase your winning chances on placing bets'. He paid a tenner to some geezer who simply sent him a piece of paper stating, put a bet on as advice!!!! As it was buy it now, the bloke must be making a fortune.And there are enough muppets to buy it.

Alternatively, go out and busk.(!)
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell me you flogged the "Winter" single without telling me first?!

I love that first album!

Krinkly
xxx
katieken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have sold 'Silent All These Years'(ltd one), and 'China'. Went for £16.00 and £26.00 respectively. Nice little earner. I shall be visiting the record fair at Portsmouth Pyramids to see if I can pick any up at a good price to sell on. Mind you some donkey put Winter on for £75 starting, surprisingly no one bid. I also noted he put 'Peacock Suit' by Paul Weller on for £25!! I leave to you gues how that one went.
I did say if anyone was interested in buying stuff off me to let me know, as i have some cd singles on e-bay at the moment(kenpblue). I shall be adding more as I feel more motovated to scan them all in. No Verve, Boo Radleys, Oasis or Drugstore though. Those are the only ones I'm keeping as a reminder of my youth, and because I adore them all. I might even keep my Sleeper ones too!! I shall state now though, I have no Phil Colins, Dire Straits or bland shite like that. I still have around 250 to flog, so if anything pops up feel free to ask.
can't remember me name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 18:12    Post subject: Re: smoke damage Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
not a good week for me, i wasn't kidding about that fire i caused and the house is smoke damaged throughout and i can't afford to do anything about it. my girlfriend has spent two years making it beautiful and now it stinks. anyone know how to reverse this without having to repaint the whole house? i've seen those ozonizers but they ain't cheap?

mx

This is about the best info I can find
http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/household/smokesmell.html
The baking soda as shake an' vac's got to be worth a go.
Bowls of white vinegar and water are also good deoderisers.
I found this someplace else
"Smoke contains chemicals and acids that can break down finishes and rust metal."
Eek!
But that was a company who wanted to sell summat> just cos it can don't mean it will.

Way to go to put your cat off the scent of your sofa.
Wink
( Is it fair to wink at a man who has a smoke damaged home?)
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this won't help anymore, but have you got fire/smoke alarm(s) in your house? According to the new law in Finland everyone must have at least one in their house or something, which is a really good thing in my opinion. Those little fuckers save lives!
I haven't seen many of those in England though, I suppose they're just not very common then. Definitely not good.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is quite a common cause of death (painless way to go if you're sleeping though!), so I would highly recommend everyone to invest ~ £5 in a good fire/smoke alarm. (batteries not included Rolling Eyes)
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Those little fuckers" always go off when you make toast or even boil the ketttle and once they start beeping nothing short of smashing them to a million bits will stop them.

Other than that they're a great idea!

Very Happy
katieken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the annual MoD fire refresher I have to attend, they said there are these new smoke alarms that fit onto light bulbs, and are hidden away. About twenty quid, but they charge while your light is on, so no need for batteries and the crappy dying beeps as the batteries go.
So there.
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 00:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's all well & good, but I need Smart Smoke Alarms (tm) that can distinguish between toast and a proper fire. You don't even have to burn the toast before it's off. As for frying bacon, forget it.

If we can take pictures of Saturn and shoot bombs down chimneys, surely we can come up with a smoke alarm that knows what toast is!

Rolling Eyes
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

My smoke alarm only goes off when i do crumpets and not toast.

What does that tell you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1