bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Lazarus
Lazarus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 00:09    Post subject: Lazarus Reply with quote

Hey everyone (including Martin) lets talk about Lazurus. still as astonishing today as when i listened to it in 1991 as a 21 year old.

The problem that a lazarus raised was that i expected all music to be as good as this and apart fromt other boo releasess it wasnt. anyway I.m drunk so you lot lets tak about Lazarus xxxxxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 00:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there.
I'm not drunk but I've been drinking some excellent tea again (Lipton Blue Fruits... what the fuck are BLUE fruits by the way?)
Lazarus is excellent, especially the part where the trumpets and all the other instruments join in (it's the best 5 seconds in any song, ever) just before Sice starts to sing. Still probably not my favourite Boos song though... in fact I don't know what it might be.
What have you been drinking?
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 00:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tommy. We always seem to talk at ungodly hours on a Friday night. blue fruits are rasperry's I think.

were you at the Brave Captain show in London in the summer? and if so were you the guy dancing and throwing your empty pint glass in the air and catching it in time to the music? let me know!

xxxx some kisses from mr firesky xxxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 02:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr firesky wrote:
Hi tommy. We always seem to talk at ungodly hours on a Friday night. blue fruits are rasperry's I think.

and here i was thinking that raspberries are red... Wink they're not exactly fruits anyway.

Quote:
were you at the Brave Captain show in London in the summer? and if so were you the guy dancing and throwing your empty pint glass in the air and catching it in time to the music? let me know!

yeah! that was me! haha.. fuck, i was hoping that no one saw me! i wasn't exactly throwing and catching the pint in time to the music, i just always like to play with those empty plastic pints when i get those! they're lots of fun, but i only realised afterwards that it might look quite stupid! so when i realised that, i dropped it and smashed it under my feet. Twisted Evil
and the 'dancing'... er... (well, more like jamming!) i was in the front row too (tommyboo cheerleader services!) trying to make myself look even more stupid. Rolling Eyes but i quite like that actually, and i'm used to it anyway! Wink

but how did you know that it was me then and why didn't you come and say hi? (or did you?! i might have forgotten...)
Hew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 06:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is pretty fucking special innit
pscenario

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh, we all saw you Tommy.
i was sitting off to one side of the stage so i could see you and bc at the same time. i and my friends all agreed that it was cool dancing Smile
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy I had no idea that it actually was you so I didnt want to just come up and go OI are you tommy Boo? but I had a feeling it might have been but I don't know why!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comprehend how much beauty can fit into 6 minutes of song. It's amazing on so many levels.

Love & Peace
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the song i remember the most; from conception all the way to chart failure. if i get time i will scribble it all down. or have i done that before?

mx
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, one of the most beautiful and at the same time one of the most uplifting songs ever recorded I'd say.
Very Happy
katieken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazarus is great, particularly as it's got Touchdown Jesus on the B side. It always makes me think of that Glastonbury coverage where it appeared Sice's head was on fire though. Top dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trumpets!!! Great!!!!!
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

katieken wrote:
It always makes me think of that Glastonbury coverage where it appeared Sice's head was on fire though.

Oh yes, I remember watching that with my mates... 93 or 94 I think.
kilogram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This is my first post here. Just wanted to say hi and chip in about this song and how much it meant/means to me. It was the first song (i think) that I'd heard from them and I heard it on a show on a local college radio station (David Worthington on CFMU in Canada) that I used to listen to religiously. I think it was 92 and I was 15. It came on when I was supposed to be on the way to karate class and things have never been the same since. Just the amount of stuff going on...do-wop, dub, beach boys, noise, mad horns.... I've never really thought about it but it's probably had a large influence on my own shit. Another thing that had an impact was a quote that i heard from them, something like "before it was never repeating ourselves on each album, now it's never repeating ourselves on each song".

I also wanted to ask about a couple of things. Would it be possible to get buy or get a dub of the double cd boo-sides compilation?

Also, I remember reading a list in some magazine (either melody maker or nme or some bullshit) that martin carr made or summer songs (i think) with comments. It included heroes and villains (long bootleg ver), suite judy blue eyes and build me up buttercup. Does anyone have the full list or article?

Thanks.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilogram wrote:
Would it be possible to get buy or get a dub of the double cd boo-sides compilation?

yes. i've sent you an email. let me know if you don't get it.

welcome to the board.
Bev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
kilogram wrote:
Would it be possible to get buy or get a dub of the double cd boo-sides compilation?

yes. i've sent you an email. let me know if you don't get it.

welcome to the board.

Dave W - could you let me know the tracklist for this? There's only about 4 or 5 B-Sides I haven't got so would be nice to know if they're on this...

Anyone else heard of Boo Radleys Black Sessions? Appears to be love stuff - just downloaded and , if you're looking for a present for the Boo Radleys fan who has everything this is it..!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2