bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - mp3 players
mp3 players
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, go ask bongo

mx
GavGotti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 16:43    Post subject: MP3 players Reply with quote

Ipods make look more aesthetically pleasing, but you are far better going for an Iriver H340 (40gb) or H320 (20gb). Not only are they cheaper, the sound quality is far superior than an ipod, battery life is vastly improved and they are far more versatile - e.g. you can download music in virtually any format, can plug directly into a hifi and the player records the source directly into mp3 format meaning you can also record gigs on them via the inbuilt mic.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now there's Archos, iPod, Zen Micro, and Iriver to choose from... Confused
and I hate making decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
So, now there's Archos, iPod, Zen Micro, and Iriver to choose from... Confused
and I hate making decisions.

I got a zen micro. Its great; its play features are better than the rest I think but 5 gigs just isn't enough.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
I got a zen micro. Its great; its play features are better than the rest I think but 5 gigs just isn't enough.

Well... Right now I've got a Creative Nomad Muvo 128Mb , and it's been a reliable friend of mine during the last three years!
128 Mb is enough only for about 30 songs on average-quality mp3, but it doesn't really matter because it takes just a minute or two to replace them all with new songs.
So, 5 Gb sounds more than enough for me, I could put about 10% of my whole mp3 collection on it... hmm. Perhaps I'll wait until the 50Gb ones get cheaper. Rolling Eyes
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to check another mp3 player into the mix here, but having been looking into this for a few weeks now, and trying these things out in some shops, definitely by far the best one to get (assuming you want 20GB-ish) is the Sony HD3 - it's almost as small as the iPod mini, but is 20GB like the big iPods, it's got loads more battery life, good reviews in all the Amazon customer reviews (I read most of them!), looks great (I think!) and is not too expensive (compared with the other ones available) at less than £200 http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/84869/art/sony/mp3-player-20-gb-nw-hd3-b.html?srcid=36

I'm going to get one as soon as I have saved up! Thing is, I want the blue one really, and for some reason that's onlya available in America... very annoying!

Mark
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my girlfriend an ipod mini for Xmas. She's had no problems with it, other than she can't figure out how to rip an audio book so that it recognizes it as such. Then again, she's not one for reading instructions. As far as I can see they seem to play both mp3 and AAC (which is much better) fine. And it can sync up with your computer, which is cool. So another one in the no complaints column.

The battery thing I think becomes a problem after about a year and a half. I think they've got ok replacement plans and such now. I think they're just assuming that in a year and a half you'll want to get the newer model anyways.

also try to get one from somewhere like Bestbuy that has open-box and refurb stuff so you can get it a bit cheaper.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
corin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 04:05    Post subject: Re: MP3 players Reply with quote

GavGotti wrote:
Ipods make look more aesthetically pleasing, but you are far better going for an Iriver H340 (40gb) or H320 (20gb). Not only are they cheaper, the sound quality is far superior than an ipod, battery life is vastly improved and they are far more versatile - e.g. you can download music in virtually any format, can plug directly into a hifi and the player records the source directly into mp3 format meaning you can also record gigs on them via the inbuilt mic.

What was that bit about it sounding better? Aren't they both just 16 bit MP3 files? I've been transfering a lot of my vinyl to my iPod and loving it. the battery life aspect gives me a sense of inevitable doom, but so far i love the pod.
mr firesky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony walkman Cassette (with rewind feature!) its the way forward.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those!

(but surely fast-forward is the way forward...) (sorry)
mr firesky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA yes! Crying or Very sad
Crustybit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 05:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to be the ipod, fucking brilliant. If you wait a couple of months Apple are installing a new chip that does not use so much power therefore making the battery last longer.
Actually thinking about it the earplugs are shit.
Hew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 08:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say the ipod is really good. I am glad i got one. If anyone needs more memory than that thing holds then they must have some problems. I've got all me bravecaptain stuff on there and its ace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2