bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Capturing The Friedmans
Capturing The Friedmans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 02:24    Post subject: Capturing The Friedmans Reply with quote

Anyone else seen it? Its a documentary about a family where the father and youngest brother were arrested for child abuse in the 1980's. At various points I was convinced that virtually everyone who was interviewed was telling the truth and then 5 minutes later I was sure they were all lying.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sice bought it for me last year on my birthday. it finished leaving me none the wiser. good tho'. i don't think the mother was in any doubt. she had obviously sensed something.

rubbish clown. you gotta wonder about the clown.

i think it was him.

mx
Hew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have heard about this documentary. was it made knowing that these folks were up to some bad shit ?
John M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hew wrote:
i have heard about this documentary. was it made knowing that these folks were up to some bad shit ?

It all happened in the 80's and the documentary was only made a couple of years ago. Since then evidence has been uncovered suggesting they might not have been guilty and the film gets virtually everyone involved (the family, the victims, the police, the judge, the lawyers etc.) to give their side of the story. What makes it worth watching is that, after they'd been charged, the family bought a video camera and filmed their day to day life, arguments they had and things like that. Proper reality TV.

bravecaptain wrote:

Although I appreciate you bringing new evidence to the table he looked like a quality clown to me. Did you see those huge red glasses Dennis Taylor-esque he had? Those are comedy items of the highest order.
me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain wrote:
yeah, sice bought it for me last year on my birthday. it finished leaving me none the wiser. good tho'. i don't think the mother was in any doubt. she had obviously sensed something.

i think it was him.

mx

I loved how he went on about how him mum was a shite shag
and I kept on thinking
this guys is a clown!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1