bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - world bank
world bank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 01:49    Post subject: world bank Reply with quote

please contact your elected officials and EU representatives and urge them to veto the appointment of Paul Wolfowitz as head of the World Bank. Mr. Wolfowitz lacks the necessary economic and financial experience for the position. The fear is that such a neocon hawk ideologue would use the position to advance his bizarre and dangerous interpretations of "freedom" and "democracy" at the expense of international development. Wolfowitz' plans for the middle east should be clear by now, and his appointment would also give the Bush administration more leverage to destroy the wildfire of democracy that has taken root in Central and South America. The US has lost its grip on many of these countries (Brazil, Venezuela, Bolivia, Argentina, and now Uruguay) and the temptation for these guys to squeeze them economically and spread some of that lovely Reagan-style death squad democracy may be irresistable to them.

AND... have a decent st. patricks day, guys.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God...is he nominated for that? What is going on...how about that woman who is head of Unicef or something, the one who is against family planning, even in poor countries with problems.

W needs a brain.

Love & Peace
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 05:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about his new UN ambassador, John Bolton?

"If the UN Secretariat building in New York lost ten stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference."

"It is a big mistake for us to grant any validity to international law even when it may seem in our short-term interest to do so ­ because, over the long term, the goal of those who think that international law really means anything are those who want to constrict the United States."

unbelievable, huh?

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, we are fucked.

Love & Peace (someday, somehow)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 17:53    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Ok so im supposed to be writing these essays but i get distracted easily and end up trawling web boards of bands i like even though im running out of time before my deadline. And Im writing an essay on US opposition to ICC and John Bolton wrote this article which said, and i paraphrase, fairly accurately though 'universal jurisdiction is a danger to US, especially since its feasible that certain elements could decide that even use of nuclear weaponry against japan is a war crime'. Which struck me as a little scary. And you say he's Un ambassodr, shit, cause an ICC would be brilliant if US stopped fucking around.

Whilst Im here - The new MWARD album is absolutely fantastic 4 hours in washington is the best song thats ever been recorded (at the moment), and the I am Kloot albums great as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right you already mentioned that thing about Bolton. you know the way things are going im seriously tempted to drop out of society and live by a river in the mountains somewhere in harmony with nature and away from the bullshit of the modern world, but i love movies and resident evil and stuff so itd have to be near a major city.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1