bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Curb Your Enthusiasm
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulwhite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 16:01    Post subject: Curb Your Enthusiasm Reply with quote

It was mentioned on a previous thread, but has anyone else seen Curb Your Enthusiasm?

I love it.

It's from one of the writers of Seinfeld, Larry David, and is just totally original and a breath of fresh air. After watching this, viewing modern british sitcoms is a cringe worthy experience. Most of is improvisation apparantely and they only work to a loose script. You can find more info here:

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/

I think it was shown on BBC4 or summit, so it's not very well known over here, but it is definately worth checking out.

pd.x.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i almost wrote that same post when i saw it mentioned in another thread.

it's the best comedy for ages and one of only a handful of tv programmes where i am cheesed off if i miss it.

good call paul white.
John M

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best sitcom in years, the first two series are out on DVD here and are constantly on John M's TV, its even better than Seinfeld. Apparently the third series is out in England already.
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one with Mel Brookes in it where Larry David was cast in the producers to ruin it, except he didn't and another where his wife was going to let him have sex with another woman for his 50th birthday or something. They were pretty funny.
I think I saw it on RTE when on holiday in Ireland, perhaps I'll see if I can get hold of more.
paulwhite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the first three series are released in the UK. I've got and seen the first, the second arrived through the post today, and the third is on the way!

i believe there are four series in all. Only ten episodes a series though!. I thought they did about 100 episodes a series in america?

i also bought the seinfeld boxset recently. Its realy good with decent extras as well. Apparantely George was the Larry David character in the show, plus Kramer was based on a real person called Kenny Kramer..

pd.x
corin in cambridge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 02:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best American TV series of our time. I actually think I tried to describe it to Martin once 'cuz I think he'd love it, but it's not the sort of show that one can adequately describe. One thing one could say is that the glory of those unfathomably uncomfortable moemnst in life with the Office. That sort of thing where you can barely bring yourself to watch how things turn out, but you're fascinated.

So, it's out in the UK? Is it being shown as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1