bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - bravecaptain in BXL
bravecaptain in BXL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 13:16    Post subject: bravecaptain in BXL Reply with quote

At least saw the captain yesterday!
I was Very Happy and Shocked and Surprised and Smile
All watched over; I'm a lion; good life and then and don't remember.
It was quite strange, not really a proper gig but some kind of welsh pomotion evening in a big bar/restaurant full of people drinking beers and not very interested by the musicians.
not promoted in usual music mags or websites so there were very few fans. I almost missed it myself as I saw Sparky's e-mail yesterday in the afternoon...
Martin seemed quite bemused to be part of it. I had a little chat with him and had my cd signed Cool
His set was great as well as the video projection.

Martin, hope to see you soon back in brussels with a real audience!
Oh, my girlfriend ask me to tell you to sing more Wink
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 00:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes so did u tell bravecaptain u were "grumble" from this <messageboard>?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it was quite a good night.
Wish I had been there, oui!

mmm Leffe...
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 08:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was good to meet you mr grumble, glad you had a good time.

telly tommy, i met your friend as well.

not a carling in sight, magic.

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, my friend already told me.
How was proper Belgian Stella Artois then?

by the way Grumble , do you ever read your private messages? Very Happy
v7nce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Tommy Boo's fault... He's always been talking to me about his favourite band, The Boo Radleys, and the possibility of its member Martin Carr coming to Belgium with his solo project called Bravecaptain! On the eve on this night, he tells me "oh, Martin is playing in your city tomorrow!"... "where? when? why? how?..." So after a little search on the net, I read it's in the evening dedicated to Welsh culture and tourism, organised by Welsh council here in Brussels. It's about the promotion of the welsh language, golf fields, songs and upcoming projects... and it's free! (Martin is not welsh, but lives in Wales). So, no hesitation, I can assure Tommy I'll be part of it... "You can say hi from me" he replied. Wishing he could come, but his native Finland is a bit far
So here we are on that evening, I recognise Stuart Cable (ex-Stereophonics drummer) being there, he's here to present an animated cartoon (Colin & Cumberland on BBC) made to teach welsh language with games and conversations... He had dubbed the voice for the main character. Lately on the evening I came to him to have a chat, he told me a little how he unfairly got sacked by Kelly, sad story, knowing they've been friends since childhood!...
So, I wait a little, sitting at a table, waiting before taking a first pint... and then I recognise Martin Carr (from the pictures I've seen on the net, his hair got longer and he's wearing a beard). So I come to him introducing myself and then saying "I'm a friend of T..." "TOMMY BOO!" he instantly replied! Everywhere he goes, he meets someone who knows his most faithfull fan(atic?). Martin got ourselves taken on a picture too... (errr... Martin? Do you have it? We want to see Wink
As I'm a little early before the start of the evening, he invites me to join him and a friend to a pub nextdoor. We get to drink a few beers, talking about our respective present, about beers too, about London, fans, corporate festivals, belgian rock scene, welsh bands, leeks and dragons, James Bond... in about a nice hour, we shared this little moment in an almost desert pub called "El Che" filled with paintings about Cuba and its heroes...
Back at the concert hall, we see the presentation of the pedagogic cartoon, and its applications on the net (many games in flash), that seems funny... and weird, because it doesn't sound like english at all! Stuart tells about his involvment in the project, and a few minutes later leaves the place to a band called Fflur Dafydd, a female singer along with a guitar player... It's mostly about celtic themes, and it's folky... beers are coming again, belgian has always been popular, no doubt about it...
Then the place is heating a little bit more with an electro act, with psychedelic screen projections... It's Acid Casuals, he's a friend of Super Furry Animals band I've heard. Well, as there are not many young people moving around, we can't see anyone moving much, the beats are like background music to everyone's chat. The atmosphere is quite joyful, my friend Fred, a photograph, has joined me for the live acts, he's also enjoying the place... We quickly go out to take a little money for us to drink more of those expensive pints... I really feel like I have no more training at it, and that I'm no more in my twenties... You only live twice, hey!
A few minutes later, Martin comes on stage, hiding descretely behind his laptop and other machines, and sings... Actually it's still pop, with a more electronic feel to it. There are some parts that reminds of old techno things from the 90s. I recognised a few tracks I've heard on the net, from the official site or those Tommy sent to me... Bravecaptain records are hardly available here. After the show I get to meet Martin again who asks how we found it. "Too short" I say... "What? Too Short?" Actually, it wasn't really, but there were a few tracks only, but they're long, some of them have rhythm breaks, with different layers of harmonies... We say bye to each other, he's staying at the hotel, and is waiting to find back his cat at home!... I also salute Stuart who was pleased to meet and gives an appointment for a next time with any new band...
Coming back home, a shared taxi way with Fred, staying a little more at his home for an usual schnapps afterparty, and I left as he was falling asleep
I got home by foot, having some BC cds to listen to, a few old ones and the latest, a radio live show, a bit like the one we had,... More electro oriented, his early work was more guitar songs...
So, Sir Tommy Boo, glad I made this nice review? hehe...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oui, monsieur.
Nice one, v7nce. I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I told you it would it be worth it. Wink
I hope you like those CDs too, you'll have to let us know if you like them!

Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1