bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - May 5th
May 5th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:37    Post subject: May 5th Reply with quote

Who's going to vote and why?
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to vote.
Guess why.
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get to vote here... obviously they're quite happy to take my tax money, force me to bend over and bite a pillow with their outrageous council tax charges, charge me to even look at a goddamn telly and charge me £350 to let me stay here... but i don't get a say-so as to how that's spent.

*shakes pitchfork at sky and feels the righteous indignation*

x
katieken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still unsure as to who I shall vote for on May 5th. It's hard where I am as it's a Tory seat and has been for ages, in fact since before I was born I believe. Our MP Peter Viggers is a right tosser, he doesn't even live here, he lives about an hours journey away in Petersfield as apparently its easier to get to London for his big important job with LLoydsTSB. I mean, like Portsmouth isn't on a direct line to London!!! Anyway, I don't know if anyone saw it a few months back on C4, but an old MoD place down the road was to be an asylum centre. Loads of protests were staged and the plan was abandoned. However that documentary had Viggers in it with all the poeple who were against the plan, including some people who were asked what they thought an asylum seeker looked like. The couple then answered 'they have goaty beards' and look arab like, and like Iraqi's. Whilst the programme was intended to portray that all the people were racist(and believe me alot are, not all though), Viggers still annoyed me, so I know I will not be voting for him. Labour - I can't see myself voting for them, even though they have had big swings in the past couple of elections(getting Viggers out isn't enough to make me vote for them), and I am so disillusined by them. Liberals - definitely a wasted vote here, but I do agree slightly with their plan to scrap the Council Tax(95 quid a month, slightly unfair!). But I don't agree with many of their policies.
All of them a waste of time really, but I shall vote as unfortunately I do believe that if I didn't I would have no right to whine about what they all do. It's about time they made compulsory voting with an option to abstain.

Oh, and all that business the Tories recently promoted with that woman and her operation, Margaret Dickson was pathetic, and I shall never ever consider voting for Michael Howard, he's a total wanker.

Well, all said I shall watch the election coverage just to see Peter Snow and his technology.

Whine over.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 00:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I believe in a country where hard work and merit, not privilege or background, determine success.

"A country where Britain's families get the modern healthcare, education, childcare services they need, and on a fair and equal basis.

"...How we carry forward the investment in our immigration service to protect our borders to ensure we have indeed strict controls that work.

"A country where people who play by the rules get on and those who don't, don't" – Tony Blair, the leader of the Labour Party, sets out his campaign principles, April 5th 2005.

"I believe passionately in fair play. People are fed up that their hard work is not recognised or rewarded. We will reward hardworking Britons...

"We can afford world class public services - the good, local schools and clean hospitals that hard working Britons deserve.

"We will reduce immigration by setting an annual limit on the number of people who can come and settle in Britain.

"By rewarding people who do the right thing, who play by the rules." - Michael Howard, the leader of the Conservative Party, sets out his campaign principles, April 5th 2005.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 09:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, luckily there's a third choice too... Wink

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1