bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The Trade Justice Event
The Trade Justice Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 09:30    Post subject: The Trade Justice Event Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4450737.stm

The Marquee Club get's a HUGE sapce dedicated to it.

In the last two line paragraph....

Confused
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's deadly accurate though. oh, hang on, nitin didn't even show up.

lazy hack fucks

mx
patrickconnor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

mneh. just woke up. bc was bloody excellent last night. the first time i saw him live was in dundee when he was on his radio 1 tour with lowgold. he had a band behind him then (i think it was derrero or summat) and he was previewing tracks from Better Living. the energy and the stage presence he had last night reminded me of back in 2000. 'twas top notch with the bassist and drummer and martin back on the ol' guitar. it was especially good to see the crowd dancing to songs they probably didn't know. my personal favourite was good life. i tried to get to the methodist hall afterward, but there were loads of (probably) well-meaning but horribly middle-class students outside who were just there for their 'god-given right' to a handout from the soup kitchen so i couldn't get in. doh.
spectacular, la. keep it up. and come to london more often.
gillworm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, next time make sure it isn't my birthday and I'm out of town and can't go!

sounde like an excellent lineup too. Crying or Very sad
mr firesky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Scotland watching Celtic v Aberdeen and I support neither. Crying or Very sad
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Twas a good night. I stayed at The Marquee until three, then thougt I really should go home, as my friends had already left. Would've been good to see Thom Yorke though. Wish I'd tried to get to the bc unplugged set too, but at the time was happy enough having a dance at The Marquee.

Good set Martin, like the new songs, especially the middle one. On the first song the levels were a bit messed up though and it was quite noisy. Couldn't hear your melodica either when you played that. Good Life on the guitar was nice, and getting back on the laptop for the faster ending worked well. My mate Dave said he liked that bit best. Generally my friends who'd not seen you before liked Good Life and Weaponized the most they said.

It was a fun night, and nice to have a chat in the pub too, cheers!

Mark
Nitin Sawhney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 20:28    Post subject: disappointed Reply with quote

I have to say that I am hurt and saddened by the lack of appreciation on this site for my new mute and impaired visual spectacular as debuted at the Marquee on Friday.
Shame on you all for your lack of appreciation of I, Nitin Sawhney, musical superstar and quite possbly genius. May your snot be blue and your genitals encrusted with wierd hanging things.
My thanks
Nitin Sawhney (musical superstar and quite possbly genius)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1