bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Patty Hearst
Patty Hearst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 09:02    Post subject: Patty Hearst Reply with quote

Anyone see that documentary about her last night? What an incredible story, i'd never even heard of her before.

http://tinyurl.com/bauyz
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 09:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything clashed, and I was out too. she had what they call Stockholm Syndrome, didn't she - came to be part of the organissation that kidnapped her and came to share their beliefs? shows what a strange thing the human mind is. I see the Manics name check her in their song Leviathan, recorded for War Child, though exactly what Nicky's saying about her (and everything else mentioned in the song!) isn't clear...
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all are making me feel very old here. I can remember all this from the news at the time. I'm suprised that you'd not heard of her before. I'm less surprised that that the manics wrote a song where the title fools you into thinking they have something to say.

Check out the Hearst
family tree.
Rightwing nutjobs
a thru z.

yeah, and i know it

mx
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillworm wrote:
she had what they call Stockholm Syndrome, didn't she - came to be part of the organissation that kidnapped her and came to share their beliefs?

She said she was forced into helping them at gunpoint, rather than having Stockholm Syndrome but she still got found guilty of participating in an arm robbery with the people who took her hostage.

The Warchild album hasn't really got much publicity this time around has it. The singer from Elbow (awful name for a band) was on Tim Lovejoy's radio show talking about it. He said that lots of charities had seen a downturn in donations this year and that Childline was going to have cut off its late night service due to lack of funds.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillworm wrote:
I see the Manics name check her in their song Leviathan

it's good to see the Manics.. are following in the footsteps of Ocean Colour Scene, lyrically

Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1