bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I have a very bad feeling that Chelsea shall not reach the final. All I can say is that if we do go out, I really hope we lose to the overall winners, rather than runners up. This season is already shaping up to be a godsend in my eyes, and if we were to win the CL, it would be magic, but you can't have everything. In fact when you support Chelsea, it's rare to have anything!!! Unbelievable, it'll take me ages to realise the true extent of this season. And Southampton look to be going down too....what more could I ask for!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
listened to the match on saturday, we created nothing! we're incredibly inconsistent, if Chelsea knock us out its going to be a massive comedown, we're suddenly going to be a midtable Premiership team instead of one of the best 4 in Europe.

whats the word on the street about who were going to sign in the summer? I haven't heard us linked with anyone.

Not sure who I want to stay up, its all gone a bit wrong for Harry hasn't it, i thought they'd stay up, pompey would go down and he'd be the smuggest man in the world but it doesn't look like it will work out like that. i want palace to stay up, i like iain dowie.

watched the match (on Setanta Sports-!) on Saturday. As soon as I saw it was being broadcast I groaned. and it was as bad as, if not worse than expected. Depressing sums it up. The fear of having no good players fit to play Chelsea can be the only factor behind the team selection... but still, we shouldn't have to depend on the inexperience of the likes of Welsh, Potter and Le Tallec in such a game. surely they could have risked at least Biscan? then again, Palace did seem to taget Baros for rough treatment. How can it be the same core of players who were the better team in two matches against Juventus? Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 21:12    Post subject: discoRdance says: Reply with quote

that was me, sorry.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch it tommy.

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an inside 'joke'. Rolling Eyes
discoRdance is an angel really, just a bit lazy perhaps. Laughing
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed by your borderline racist attitude, Tommy Razz
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shurrup thee, ye barsteward. Laughing
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 21:18    Post subject: 8 years ago today... Reply with quote

8 years ago today...

Barnsley FC 2-0 Bradford

... and promotion to the Premier League!
How come it feels like forever ago now? Confused

Check out Clint Marcelle's promotion goal .
Almost brings a tear to my eye, will I ever see a day like that again...
Exclamation
C'mon Reds!
John M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 01:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful news:

Barcelona are to break with tradition and agree their first ever shirt sponsorship deal, with leading contenders including Qatar Airlines and the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

I've loved the fact that they didn't have a sponsor, it made them look a bit classier and more special than the other teams.

Maybe its cos I'm out of the country but I'm not half as excited about the game tomorrow as I was about the Juve game, perhaps that will change tomorrow. And I've just read that Harry Kewell is fit again

Harry- if you play well tomorrow I will go back and delete any detrimental comments I have previously posted on this board about you and we can start our relationship all over again, go back to the lovely early days when you were good and I thought you're mazzy runs and fantastic goals were going to win us the league.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo, I just got a Barcelona top (in the club shop next to the stadium, how could I resist) after years of wanting one. was only commenting the other day how great it was that they don't have a poxy company across the front. how sad.

~ discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go, referee. how bent was Mr Sars? talk about homers. Liverpool only had to look funny at their opponents for the ref to award Chelsea a free. The Alonso booking was an absolute farce. Liverpool should appeal against it.

- disco'
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 09:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only appeal in cases of mistaken identity.

mx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about.. Alain Sars was mistaken for a referee? Confused

actually, a similar thing happened with Hamann against Arsenal a few years ago... both him and McAllister were wrongly red carded in seperate incidents. the ref later conceded Hamann didn't even make contact with the Arsenal player and the red card was overturned. of course, he was never gonna admit getting both wrong, and Hamann's card was the more ridiculous

- disco
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelsea were a bit crap last night. Liverpool weren't that great either but they defended very well. C'mon Mr Hyypiä!! Very Happy
The match was incredibly boring, hopefully the second leg will provide more entertainment.
AC Milan - PSV Eindhoven (2-0) was on Tuesday night a bit better, shame about the final result though. Milan didn't deserve to win by two goals, they were quite lucky.

I predict that Milan and Chelsea will go to the final... the score at Anfield Road next week will be 1-1. Hopefully not though, I'd like to see Hyypiä to lift the Champions League trophy in Istanbul next month. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 68 of 143