bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if a Portuguese had done it against England he would've been hunted down like a dog!

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
YEEAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! All of my life I waited for yesterday and it happened!

Not looking to rain on your parade, but, I'm not sure why you like Italy so much. You're not Italian, for starters, are you?

I don't think it matters what was said to Zidane, he's old enough and, should be, wise enough to not throw away a World Cup final like that
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Italian but it's still the team of my heart. I'm sorry if you can't stand above nationality, but apparently, I can Razz

Love & Peace
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
I don't think it matters what was said to Zidane, he's old enough and, should be, wise enough to not throw away a World Cup final like that

I don't know, I haven't decided yet if that was actually kinda cool in the same way as Eric Cantona's kung fu show was, or just a crazy act of muppetness. I was sad and angry at Zidane at first, and after his red card I didn't really care about who would win the World Cup anymore, but if the rumours about Materazzi are true (and it sounds like they are, even though Materazzi himself of course denies everything), then Zizou at least left with style. Surprised I wouldn't be happy either if someone called my mum a terrorist whore, but I probably wouldn't headbutt anyone in the World Cup final though... but then again, I'm not as cool as Zinedine Zidane * . Wink
It would have been nice if France had won the World Cup for him, but well, you can't have everything.

* that's such a cool name too, even better than Ziggy Stardust.

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well.
So the World Cup 2006 is over, and to my surprise, I'm actually quite happy about that. This year's World Cup is definitely the worst World Cup of my lifetime (in my opinion) - awful refereeing and cheating, no surprises at all, a boring winner, not many goals (especially beautiful ones), no new star players... it just wasn't very exciting this time. Sad

Having said that, I've noticed that I'm not as excited about football as I was when I started this thread for example. People on the Barnsley messageboard keep on talking about the potential summer signings and rumours, but I don't care so much really - I'll be happy enough if there are 11 Barnsley players running around the pitch when the new season starts. Smile Of course it'll be exciting to see them in the Championship, and seeing the playoff final in Cardiff is something that I'll never forget, so maybe this is just pre-season (not post-world cup) depression or something. Or maybe I've had a footie overdose after watching boring football for a month. I'm actually very disappointed because I thought this would be a great World Cup. MEH

I thought I'd be mad if Italy wins the tournament, but even if I would have been happier if Germany or France had won it, I don't care so much really. The Italians finally stopped with the cheating and the drama after the Australia game, and surprise surprise, they were so much better after that! If only the Portuguese players had realised the same, maybe they would have won something as well. If Totti wasn't playing for Italy, I could have almost liked them... I'm happy that he was subbed off in the final though, haha. That Gattuso is a good chap though, my favourite Italian player at the moment, and one of the nicer surprises of this tournament.

And at least the Brazilians shouldn't be too arrogant for the next four years now, especially because Italy are just one world cup championship behind (which is also a bit of a shame though, because the Italians will think that they're the kings of the world or something now)
And also, now the Italians have at least something to be happy about this summer - this time next week most of their top clubs should find themselves in Serie B (equal to the Championship in England, where Barnsley will play next season Rolling Eyes ) or even below that! (unless their presidents make some secret phonecalls again) That's kinda shocking, but I suppose they get what they deserve...
And now I can finally make a little fun of my Milan (AC / Inter) and Juventus supporting friends too, they've been laughing at me and poor little Barnsley for too many years now. Twisted Evil With their money, they'll be back in Serie A in a year or two, so I don't think I'm being too evil, and at least Serie A should be a bit more exciting to watch next year! Smile

Exclamation
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:

It would have been nice if France had won the World Cup for him, but well, you can't have everything.

They won the WC and the Euro 98 and 2000, don't think they'll be crying themselves to sleep.

And I'm happy Zidane's red card didn't effect the game too much, it was so late in the game and Trezeguet would most likely have taken a penalty anyway. Maybe it was psychologically damaging.

As for boring team winning, did you even watch the world cup Tommy?? Or do you actually need Brazillian style entertainment all the time? Italy of 2002 WC was boring, but not this one.

Today Cannavaro and Zambrotta went to the hospital with the cup to see Pessotto...and that matters a lot more than all the other nonesense...and when it comes down to it, worthy winners won the whole thing...so stop trying to take away this joy!
When Brazil beat Italy in 1994 I was okay with it because they had been the best team of the tournament.

Love & Peace
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
I'm not Italian but it's still the team of my heart. I'm sorry if you can't stand above nationality, but apparently, I can Razz

Love & Peace

it's not about nationalism, Italian football is boring, hence my wonderment

I dunno, maybe they're meant to be good looking, or something
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
As for boring team winning, did you even watch the world cup Tommy?? Or do you actually need Brazillian style entertainment all the time? Italy of 2002 WC was boring, but not this one.

What Brazilian style entertainment? Razz They certainly weren't very entertaining this time... the most entertaining games were the ones where there were two "smaller" teams playing, Ghana and Ivory Coast and Ecuador were great to watch, but unfortunately it looks like success and entertaining football don't go hand in hand in anymore.
Italy weren't any more boring than most of the other teams that made it to the top 8, and although I'm still not a big fan of their ultra-defensive tactics, I can't blame them because that seems to be the most important thing in modern football. Any team that wants to be successful just needs to be boring, I'm a bit surprised that even the Brazilians had adapted this strategy, because they've got a squad full of great attacking players and they're really not that great at defending.
I found this kinda funny << click click

Italy defended very well as a team, they had 10 men behind the ball most of the time and then one lonely striker, and then they score one goal just before the final whistle with a lightning-fast counter attack.
That's how Greece won Euro 2004, hopefully things will have changed before 2008, but I'm afraid we're just going to see even more defensive football from now on.

I'm not sure if Italy deserved to win, but before you start to yell at me, I'm not saying that they didn't deserve it either. Wink None of the teams that made it to the quarter finals really stood out from the others. This year, with a little bit of luck, any team that made it that far could have won the whole thing. Italy were already struggling against USA and Australia and I thought they were very lucky to win, but their game definitely improved after that. In the semi-final game against Germany and then in the final against France anything could have happened though... but yes, a very good team won the World Cup this time, and of course you can enjoy it as much as you want, haha!

So is Pessotto still in coma or something? Last time (a couple of days ago) I heard that his condition had gotten worse. Sad I wonder what made him do that (apparently it was a suicide attempt?), he has family and everything after all, which should be more important than football... things at Juventus must be in very bad shape right now then if that was the reason! Confused

Also, when exactly are the judges going to decide about the sanctions for the scandal teams? I thought they were supposed to do that early last week, then during the weekend, then on Monday or Tuesday this week, but they still haven't decided anything. You must know all the latest rumours, Setareh, so what do you think is going to happen?

Exclamation
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting the worst so serie C.

It's hard to believe Pessotto would do all of that for Juve. There are rumours that he and his wife have been having problems. And that he's been suffering from depression. Nothing is confirmed. I just can't believe he would try to take his life, when he has two small children, for an employer, especially as he has enough money to live off.
He's not in a coma anymore and apparently cried when they visited him today.

Here comes an e-mail from a Maltese sports journalist on the Juve mailing list that I found really interesting:

Fabio, it sounds stupid at first glance that the lawyer asks for a harsh
penalty rather than a harsher one. Unfortunately though, hidden under this ecstasy and euphoria of Italy`s World Cup exploit, what is going in Rome is something shameful. The lawyers have probably understood that this is NOT a trial based on proofs, but a trial based on THEORIES..... and due to this its practically impossible to get out free, so at least you try to get the least harsher penalty as possible.

For example, if you listen to a phone call you might demonstrate that a
phrase was said with sarcasm.... if you read it you have no idea whether it was a serious phrase or not...
With proofs for example you could demonstrate that if Juve really had a
refereeing infuence and was able to get players suspended, and that De
Santis was a Moggi ally, how come that in the league game before the
decisive Milan-Juve of the 8th May, Milan played away to Fiorentina and had three players one yellow card away from suspension... Rui Costa, Nesta and Seedorf.... yet none of the three got a yellow card from the referee....
and who was the referee that day ? DE SANTIS. So, was this enormous corrupt mafia-like association only able to get Nastase and Petruzzi of Bologna suspended for a Juve game (the first for elbowing Miccoli, the second for repeated protests).

Unfortunately, when the only evidence allowed is that presented by the
prosecution, and this includes the assumptions made to bridge the phone
calls to suit the theory of the plot many wanted to read, there is very
little that can be done.

I wish that somebody somewhere could translate what the accused said in today`s sitting so that one can judge what kind of process is going on
: for example referee Messina is being accused of forming part of the so
called "cupola" which was working for Juve. Today he said that he was
surprised with the accusations that he is facing because from 2000 to 2005 he never refereed a Juve game.... and in the first Juve game he refereed after 5 years, in 2005 against Sampdoria at home, Juve lost 1-0 !!!

Another example is Paparesta, who today declared that Moggi DID NOT LOCK HIM IN THE DRESSING ROOM.

Then is the arrogance of Ruperti, the tribunal`s president. This morning he asked Lotito "How many more hours do you intend to keep on talking for ?".
This evening he asked Giraudo`s lawyer Chiappero (who spent a lot of time trying to explain why the calls were not realistic, that the prosecution made serious assumptions, and tried to explain the most important calls and why what Palazzi was saying does not make sense and most important that sports fraud is not proven because it has to take place on the field of play to change the result and the phone calls do not show this ) "how old are you ? how many mystery books did you read in your life ?".... or , to criticize the length of Chiappero`s intervention he said that " I trust these beautiful intellegencies in front of me, because I admire your profession, that there is a limit to what our mind can store via the ears".

Have anybody ever heard of a process when in two days you are planning to hear 30 accused defend their position, the prosecution making the case, and 30 defence lawyers making their case ?

Having said this, the comparison between Serie C1 plus points deduction and Serie B with points deduction is surely not the same as the difference
between the electric chair and the lethal injection.

Serie C1 would be the electric chair plus cremation.... in comparison Serie B with points deducted will be a 15 - 20 year prison sentence (length depending on who else will got to Serie B and how many points
deducted). Juve will be able to bounce back from Serie B and in a number of years be able to challenge in Serie A.... from Serie C1 (but don`t forget that it could even be C2) we would bounce to Serie B, but to get back to being strong in Serie A it would take a very long time... if ever.

So maybe the lawyer figured out that rather than saying "We are absolutely not guilty", with the risk that if this fails we are doomed to Serie C, he tried to get Juve`s case to be in line with that of Milan (which is objective responsibilty and for which Palazzi asked Serie B with 3 points deduction) by insisting that Juve are not guilty of article 6 with direct responsibility and ask that in that case, Juve would only deserve a Serie B plus points penalty.

We have to be realistic and accept that the way the trial is proceeding it
is close to impossible that Juve are acquitted from all accusations.

JAMES
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. No caps, not yelling. Smile

L&P
joeloke22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
discoRdance wrote:

HA! HA!...way to go zizou! Wink
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zidane = terrorist

Materazzi = blue scum
Hew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 02:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.zappa.cc/zidane/
joeloke22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hew wrote:
http://www.zappa.cc/zidane/

Razz coooool!!!....except it'd be more fun if it gave us points for each hit. Rolling Eyes
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to concentrate on proper football again.

Fabio Aurelio, John Arne Riise, Stephen Warnock, Djimi Traore, Harry Kewell, Mark Gonzalez, Luis Garcia, Boudewijn Zenden

which two is Rafa gonna play on the left, and who's gonna get sold? Confused

and a big thanks to The Kaiser as he heads off to Manchester City. He'll be missed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 112 of 143