bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA...Inter awarded last season's scudetto...guess this was the only way for Inter to actually win.

Love & Peace
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations to Inter Milan Exclamation
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
congratulations to Inter Milan Exclamation

Internazionale FC, not Inter Milan...for the record.

You can say Interscum if you like too.

The Italian football federation's new president: Moratti, Inter's president. You'd think they would learn...

L&P
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Internazionale FC, not Inter Milan...for the record.

In fact it's Football Club Internazionale Milano Razz

I can't believe that the Italian FA decided to change the punishments for the cheating clubs. AC Milan (Associazione Calcio Milan) will now be able to play in the Champions League after all, and will quite likely win Serie A next season! Disgraceful... Juventus got away with a very lenient punishment too, I think... they'll probably be back in Serie A next season already, because Serie B really isn't that great. I bet the spineless puppets at Italian FA just had to do what Silvio Berlusconi and the important people behind the scenes told them to do. Oh well. Cutting their penalties afterwards is like saying that cheating and match-fixing isn't that serious after all. Sad

Exclamation
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said, Tommy Wink

I'll take Italian football as seriously as American wrestling from now on.

they are referred to as Inter Milan in this part of the world, though
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure cheating has taken place, on all levels. But I suggest you don't call a charge lenient when it's based on ONE SINGLE game. Check your facts first.

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bias Rolling Eyes
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basic fact, I didn't make up the judgement.

A person can be a fan and yet reasonably objective, I even posted a long thingie on here, which I suspect no one read (not that you're supposed to, it was just extra material).

Being judged that many many points off plus relegation for one game only is not lenient.

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
for one game only

Rolling Eyes

what punishment do you think would be fair? a slap on the wrists and a warning not to do it again, so everyone could carry on and possibly attempt it [again] in the hope that they won't get caught [next time]?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 08:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
what punishment do you think would be fair? a slap on the wrists and a warning not to do it again, so everyone could carry on and possibly attempt it [again] in the hope that they won't get caught [next time]?

Hard to say, maybe the loss of not last year's but the year before's Scudetto (none of the games that they were suspected for were for season 2005-2006) and point deduction start this year...

It's not like these things will not happen again, it's like saying if a business man ends up in prison no one will ever attempt tax fraud again.

Well, in fact, there's not any actual proof any cheating took place (though deep down I believe it probably did...but not just for Juve). In the sports court though proof is not needed, suspicion is sufficient.

L&P
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 08:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to add, it is possible that the punishment is befitting, if they actually did those things, but either way it's not lenient.

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
It's not like these things will not happen again, it's like saying if a business man ends up in prison no one will ever attempt tax fraud again.

not the best analogy ever, but I understand what you're saying, except I have no hopes that it won't be tried again (the instance of over 20 years ago involving AC Milan, for one example, tell you not to hope), but a punishment should, as well as punishing the guilty, act as a deterrent. It might make some think twice before trying it. ALthough the way the earlier punishments are being reduced, they won't be deterring many.

~

How funny would it be if Franck Ribery's first name started with B instead of F and his name was listed as 'B Ribery' on the Marseille teamsheet?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a complex system, basically Italian football does not benefit from Juventus and Milan disappearing...

L&P
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 00:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor sponsor's money...
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Steve McMahon only be at number 42 on the "Players Who Shook The Kop" list? I demand a recount.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153088060807-1246.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 115 of 143