bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 00:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was bad, I always hope that every mediocre performance will lead to them getting their act together for the next game but it doesn't seem to happen. We should spend the 12 million we got for Keane on scientific research into cloning Gerrard as without him we don't seem to have a clue.

bravecaptain wrote:
'after the goldrush' - always and forever x

I'll get on it. I've been 'Harvest'-ing for the past couple of days and it's turned me into even more melancholic John Mc.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Tonight was bad, I always hope that every mediocre performance will lead to them getting their act together for the next game but it doesn't seem to happen. We should spend the 12 million we got for Keane on scientific research into cloning Gerrard as without him we don't seem to have a clue.

To be fair, the 'English, European and World Champions' - WITH the 'best player in the world' (and eleven players on the field at all times) - didn't have much of a clue against Everton's team bus the other day, either, and they were the home side, too.

what's everyone's favourite Ashley Young goal? Neutral
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

football doesn't suck! well argyle are doomed doomed doomed so it should do but i'm bored of the championship now and fancy some verbal sparring in the, er, class war derby featuring that great industrial city (plymouth) vs, er, the, er, west country's only posh city (exeter). its been a while!! i also fancy us nicking exeters manager to. though he does need to stop wearing ted baker....

anyhoo reason for post is i'm off to nairobi n surrounding area for a week. i have found out that afc leopards are meant to be home when i'm out there and i'm desperate to go - i've never been to africa before let alone see footie there so does anyone on this forum have any idea how it works for tickets n the like. to date i've not found that info out and whilst i will spend all me sunday trying to find out if any of you can help it would be swell.

x

ttlc
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheff wed chairman has gone n published a championship league table based on what he estimates is each clubs wage bill. it means nowt really but it makes yer wonder how some clubs are paying such high wages and, well for me anyhoo, makes quite interesting reading:

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~1576055,00.html
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard about this before, it's genuinely touching:

"On 19 April 1989 (the Wednesday after the disaster), a European Cup semi final between AC Milan and Real Madrid was played. The referee blew his whistle 6 minutes into the game to stop play and hold a minute's silence for those who lost their lives tragically at Hillsborough. Half way through the minute's silence, the A.C. Milan fans sang Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" as a sign of respect."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZrVfMRyoE0
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw that a while back, brilliant gesture

Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck that was a beautful thing. honest even given me own mental experiences in rome, and an unhealthy number of right wing followers, i'd still say italian fans are the best. followed closely by the germans.

Quote:
football doesn't suck! well argyle are doomed doomed doomed so it should do but i'm bored of the championship now and fancy some verbal sparring in the, er, class war derby featuring that great industrial city (plymouth) vs, er, the, er, west country's only posh city (exeter). its been a while!! i also fancy us nicking exeters manager to. though he does need to stop wearing ted baker....

we're safe Very Happy ah the fickle view of the football fan. now i'll just have the delight of a walk to ashton gate to look forward to instead. still big thanks to pne for their spectaculer 2 goals on saturday - massive for argyle as it gave reading the incentive to get a result at norwich tonight. nice to 'cos it means that they'll be no big football forum fall out between the argyle and barnsley contingents as we doubtless let barnsely become the 11th - fuck the 11th! - team to win at feable fortress hp.

anyway sparky ffs beat burnley to the play-offs. even after all these years burnley still piss me off and i really can't stand the thought of them going up even if it would mean much hilarity watching them have as many defeats as we'll doubtless have next season!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
nice to 'cos it means that they'll be no big football forum fall out between the argyle and barnsley contingents as we doubtless let barnsely become the 11th - fuck the 11th! - team to win at feable fortress hp.

I hope that you're right, but I doubt that. We have a shit away record, and knowing our tactics we'll probably try to defend 0-0... But oh well, at least we still have everything in our own hands, unlike Norwich. They need to win against Charlton and in that case Barnsley would need at least one point, otherwise we'll go down because of our bloody goal difference... I have a bad feeling about this. Sad We should have been safe weeks ago.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

and so this Sunday is going to be the closest and most exciting finale to the Championship in living memory. What is it about The Blades that every season (at least for the last 3) they leave everything to the last day and have to rely on other results to go their way?

So:

If Birmingham win, they go up.
If they draw and we draw, they go up.
If they draw/lose and The Blades win, the blades go up
If they lose and we draw/lose, Reading go up!

Can't wait!

x

Last edited by Kris on Tue Apr 28, 2009 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Birmingham!
Come on Palace!
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 05:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Kris, but with your current manager and your current captain, I find it quite hard to wish your team well. Razz
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still one hour and a half to go for the big game(s)... I've been up since six in the morning and I'm getting more and more nervous every minute. I wish it was 3:30pm already and this was all over. Confused
Kris

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 139 of 143