bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless Super Danny Murphy and his penalty taking abilities.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 08:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

a day of mixed emotions my team the mighty west brom were promoted but my son's team, york city, lost there league status so he is quite upset........
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a cheeky manc letter on teletext yesterday saying Saturday's result could their best of the season if it keeps Houllier in a job for next season. This is the nightmare scenario. Please Rick Parry & David Moores, get rid!

Can't really complain about winning at Old Trafford, but I'm sure the penalty was our only shot on target the whole game, and United were terrible, so winning wasn't that much of an achievement. They were there for the taking at the end - we could have had a few on the break if the players actually wanted to go forward.

Who put the ball in United's net?
Super Danny Murphy!
Super, Super Dan
Super, Super Dan
Super, Super Dan
Super Danny Murphy!

Must be grateful for any crumbs of joy the team sees fit to bestow upon us...
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

At William Hills we're 40-1 to win the league next year. It would appear that the bookies don't share Houlliers optimism about our future.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
At William Hills we're 40-1 to win the league next year. It would appear that the bookies don't share Houlliers optimism about our future.

Jesus! How far have we sunk?

I read Houllier saying we'd close the gap on the top 3 next season. Who knows - maybe even get the gap to third place down to single figure points...

What each-way odds are they offering? (only on the hope that we get a new manager and some new players - a defender who can run would be good - and make a big improvement)
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try supporting Sheffield United ya whinging bastards!!!!!!!

Cool
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about our odds each way but Arsenal are 4/5 and Chelsea are 15/8 to win it.

We're meant to be getting Cisse, Mexes, Shaun Wright Phillips and Michael Dawson in over the summer and getting rid of lots of the dead wood in our squad. I can see us catching Man U and I think Chelsea will take a while to gell with a new manager but unless Henry, Vieira and Campbell all miss the whole of next season I can't see how we can hope to compete with Arsenal.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
Try supporting Sheffield United ya whinging bastards!!!!!!!

Cool

switching allegiances from Liverpool to Sheffield United at age 13 might be justifiable Wink , but to do it at 28 might be a tad late!
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheheheheh the age wasn't the justification mate Wink
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Not sure about our odds each way but Arsenal are 4/5 and Chelsea are 15/8 to win it.

We're meant to be getting Cisse, Mexes, Shaun Wright Phillips and Michael Dawson in over the summer and getting rid of lots of the dead wood in our squad. I can see us catching Man U and I think Chelsea will take a while to gell with a new manager but unless Henry, Vieira and Campbell all miss the whole of next season I can't see how we can hope to compete with Arsenal.

i had a look - it's 1/5th the odds for top 3, so 8/1. not exactly overly generous, but maybe not a bad bet with a new manager.

i think mexes' agent said he'd only come if we're in the champions league. houllier had another of his "i had to laugh when i heard..." moments replying to rumours of a £30m summer budget, so i think we'd be struggling to buy all those players.

maybe if we can get £20m back on heskey & diouf... Rolling Eyes
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think we might be able to get some money for Diouf, he seems to have a good reputation abroad and has won African player of the year a couple of times. If we can find a rich foreign club who don't get to see highlights of the English Premiership on TV then we'll be sorted.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
I actually think we might be able to get some money for Diouf, he seems to have a good reputation abroad and has won African player of the year a couple of times. If we can find a rich foreign club who don't get to see highlights of the English Premiership on TV then we'll be sorted.

bit of a long shot that - finding a buyer who hasn't seen him play for the last 2 years! though maybe easier than finding one who has! Very Happy

he could turn out to be a decent player if he can get a consistent end product on the end of his undoubted skill. blackburn away in the cup he was great, and generally he did have a decent start to the season, so maybe there's hope for an improvement if he stays. i can see him joining the heskey, smicer, traore etc etc list of players who haven't quite fulfilled their potential but might do one day.

no way we'll get £10m back for a half-decent right midfielder who never threatens to score
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in that Blackburn game he managed to get in a couple of decent crosses that showed that Emile might get a few more goals if we had people who could supply him from the wings.

Diouf shouldn't have teased us by being good in the World Cup and then scoring 2 on his debut. He undoubtedly has talent but we paid way over the odds for him. I'd like to see him be given a chance up front with Owen though, I thought we'd bought him as a striker instead of Anelka but he's always stuck out on the wing and looks a bit lost.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

he looked a bit lost up front at the start, which i guess is why he was moved. maybe worth giving him another chance there, except that baros, sinama-pongolle and even heskey look more of a goal threat! i think people said when he signed that he'd never scored goals, so not to expect any.

it's so frustrating the number of players we have who clearly have talent but aren't (being allowed to) produce the goods.

but it's ok, cos andy townsend says we can just sell owen, cos he's hard to play with. and that'll solve all our problems. Shocked
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Townsend has hit the nail on the head. Owen is clearly the problem and we should get rid of Steven Gerrard as well, he runs around so much that it confuses his team mates.

In a better world than this Andy Townsend would be Prime Minister. He once won the Coca Cola Cup you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 24 of 143