bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 01:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on Wednesday, I'll be watching the game. I think Liverpool are going to need a lot of luck indeed, because Juventus have been pretty good at home, and this time 1-0 would be enough for them. Unfortunately... Hopefully we'll see some good football though!
How come Hyypiä has started the last couple of games on the bench?

Ciao.
Exclamation
John M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 07:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafa seems to prefer Pellogrino to Hyypia, I've not seen enough games to know if its the correct choice though.

Liverpool fans of the BC board - my brother told me that its been in the papers over there that we'll get 32 million for Gerrard. Do you reckon we should accept it? Obviously I think Gerrard is a great player but i'd definitely accept that, we could buy 3 quality players for that amount. I'd like Owen to come back in the summer, surely he'd like to play for a team with a chance of winning the Champions League.

Also we're dangerously close to the 1000th post on the FOOTBALL thread and Tommy Boo's 2000th post overall, surely there should be some kind of worldwide holiday to commerate these events.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 09:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greens are staying up
And now you gotta believe us

Probably Confused
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Rafa seems to prefer Pellogrino to Hyypia, I've not seen enough games to know if its the correct choice though.

Liverpool fans of the BC board - my brother told me that its been in the papers over there that we'll get 32 million for Gerrard. Do you reckon we should accept it? Obviously I think Gerrard is a great player but i'd definitely accept that, we could buy 3 quality players for that amount. I'd like Owen to come back in the summer, surely he'd like to play for a team with a chance of winning the Champions League.

Also we're dangerously close to the 1000th post on the FOOTBALL thread and Tommy Boo's 2000th post overall, surely there should be some kind of worldwide holiday to commerate these events.

I think Hyypiä can feel slightly aggrieved to be out of the team, but I can see some sense in playing Pelle in the Premiership when he can't play in the CL and Hyypiä can. I mean, if Sami got injured in the Premiership, Liverpool would be fairly f##ked for good central defenders for the CL.

Gerrard for £32m? hmm... if it's only paper talk, I'd take no notice of it, but anyway, no, I wouldn't sell him... UNLESS they were guaranteed an equally good replacement at a fair price, no matter how much they're offered for him. He's not irreplaceable tho. If the board could sort some new investment for the club, there'd probably be less talk of him leaving.

There's talk of him being doubtful for the Juve game now...

Oh, and congratulations to Tommy Boo Wink
(did you ever see Hyypiä's goal vs Juventus??)
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

pellegrino has improved after an awful start. hyypia isn't the player he was. so, there's not that much to choose between them, i'd say. don't know if changing the team for cl and league really helps, but maybe sami can't do 2 games a week anymore.

at this moment it seems pretty clear that gerrard is going to leave, and it's just a question of how much we can get for him. 32m seems ok to me, especially given that his form this season has been very patchy.

i just want an end to the speculation, the endless interviews where he won't commit himself, and the "i'm too good for this team" implication. either he signs a new contract in the summer and gets his head right and knuckles down, or he can fuck off, as far as i'm concerned. that may be harsh, but i've had enough. the cup final was the final straw really. i could take the own goal and the miss from 2 yards, but his overall attitude stank that day, when he needed to prove where his loyalties lay.

looks like owen will probably be staying in madrid, but he's streets better than what we've got up front, so i'd take him back if he was available at a reasonable price.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks y'all.
No, I never saw Hyypiä's goal unfortunately. I guess it's too late now.
I'm a bit worried about his current situation, before they bought Pellegrino he had always been in the starting eleven.
So if Pellegrino can't play tomorrow against Juve, does it mean that Hyypiä will start? And what if Liverpool win, could Pellegrino play in the semi finals?

Exclamation
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
either he signs a new contract in the summer and gets his head right and knuckles down, or he can fuck off, as far as i'm concerned.

Well said that man!

Same goes for every other overpaid egotist in any sport.

xxx
AdamW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
And what if Liverpool win, could Pellegrino play in the semi finals? Exclamation

Obviously I'm praying that it gets to that, but my understanding, Tommy, is that Pellegrino is cup-tied after making an early sub's appearance for Valencia earlier in the competition.

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
lomez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
pellegrino has improved after an awful start. hyypia isn't the player he was. so, there's not that much to choose between them, i'd say. don't know if changing the team for cl and league really helps, but maybe sami can't do 2 games a week anymore.

y'know, i think henchoz made hyypia look better than he is for ages. hardly anyone rated him, but he had a quality that modern defenders lack: he just got in the way of the ball. it's all very well having your libero-type who's all deft touches and silky passes but you need someone between the ball and the keeper. and henchoz was great at that. that's why he used to handball all the time.

sorry. bit of a pet subject of mine, that.
John M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 01:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave W tells it like it is! You should be a pundit on telly.

Tonight I hope
1) We go through
2) Cisse comes on and scores and...
3) There's no trouble at the game.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 01:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave just copied my michael owen post and switched his name for gerrards Wink

only seventeen hours till kick off aaaarrrggghhh

mx
John M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 03:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Dave W sampled your Michael Owen opinion and put a 2005 spin on it to bring it to a whole new audience.

I've just received this, it’s the kind of mumbo jumbo that Francis Wheen wrote an entire book slagging off but at this precise moment in time I'm willing to clutch at any straws which are available.

Wales win the Grand Slam in Rugby
The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year{Forest} Liverpool win the European Cup

The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year{Chelsea} Will Liverpool make it a clean sweep and win the European Cup
katieken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that as Chelsea did to Arsenal last year in the Champions league, LIverpool will get revenge and knock us out? I bloody hope not, but I shall be looking closely at the odds.......

Oh and not sure if anyone saw Newsnight the other night, but Michael Crick asked alex furguson why he went to that labour party do, and as ferguson said no comment, crick then said(not quoting but near enough), 'some may say that your here as Tony Blair is a has been, and so are you' How I laughed. the wanker did not look impressed!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year
Liverpool win the European Cup

The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year
Will Liverpool make it a clean sweep and win the European Cup

Shocked Very Happy
that was worth a laugh anyway
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Dave W tells it like it is! You should be a pundit on telly.

Tonight I hope
1) We go through
2) Cisse comes on and scores and...
3) There's no trouble at the game.

i'm sure i'd last ages in that job telling gerrard to fuck off! i've got a good face for radio, though...

i think 3) should be first. someone got attacked last night with a baseball bat, but it didn't seem to be too bad thankfully. fingers crossed that it passes off peacefully today, but it seems a bit unlikely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 66 of 143