bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - MUSIC!!
MUSIC!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boo_babe

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 17:34    Post subject: MUSIC!! Reply with quote

like Tommy Boo's football thread, lets start A MUSIC THREAD. who's ur fave band/artists, song, album, concert, single, etc.? and why? Very Happy
katieken

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Verve in Wolverhampton - Cause it was the most moving performance I have ever seen and will see. Full of magic, and you saw Ashcroft meant it, felt it and gave it. Ooooh it makes me go all funny thinking about it.
A new decade, This is music, Life's an ocean it's enough to sell yourself for
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mogwai.
Their gig a year and a half ago at The Astoria in London was the second best I've ever been to. It was so good I went back the next day for the second show there, which was even better (as they played different songs, and finished with 'My Father My King').

Only 9 months to go until their new album!...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, my fav gig is probably Pixies lastyear at Brixton , they tore it up, brilliant songs played lightening fast and three encores finishing with Into The White, awesome.
fav album at the moment is erm, ok either Forever Changes or Ritual de lo Habitual, or maybe Loveless or maybe The Soft Bulletin, oh jesus I dont know.
fav band at moment is Drive By Truckers.
And best ever song, Get Around by Beach Boys or Till I Die depending on the mood
Peace Cat

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rollercoaster gig in 199something- Marychain, MBV and dinosaur jr, even Blur weren't too bad.

The only bad thing was that it was at the NEC in Birmingham and therefore in a half-empty aircraft hanger. MBV were the best thing I ever saw though.
Melz

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fave band, song and album of all time have been discussed in other recent threads. Wink (Boo Radleys, Kingsize, Kingsize.)

Fave band at the moment would have to be Idlewild. I've loved them since 100 Broken Windows and they seem to be progressing musically with each album.

Fave song at the moment? Refugees by The Tears. Wonderful to see Brett and Bernard collaborating again.

The album I've been listening to a lot is Bloc Party's debut Silent Alarm. Even without the excellent single Little Thoughts on it, the whole thing still seems to work very well. Best track? Positive Tension.

The best concert I ever saw? Super Furry Animals at Leeds University on their Rings Around The World tour. Sheer brilliance! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1