bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - R.I.P. Tom!
R.I.P. Tom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:35    Post subject: R.I.P. Tom! Reply with quote

Yesterday (friday 13th), i found out that one of my best friends committed suicide becos he was getting bullied at work. He was only 18 years old, and left all his friends and family behind him. But what we, as his friends don't understand, is why he didnt tell us what he was going through, because we were always there for him, and always will be. On thursday night (12th), he was playing football with us all, giving me tips on how to play pool, and he was happy as ever. And that too doesn't make any sense, cos one nite he's laughin' and jokin' around with his best friends, and the next, he's hangin' from a rope.

Lookin back to all the events that happened on Thursday though, it seems like he had it planned. He came up to our house at 6:30 in the morning, and took the day off work to do so. That in itself was a bit strange. And then later on that day, he gave us his £400 bike, sayin that he was gettin a car soon, so we could have it.That nite, before he left for home, he gave us each a hug. It was normal for him to give e a hug, but not to give the boys a hug too. But adding all of these things up, we never would have thought that he was going to kill himself the next day. That would have been the last thought that would have crossed any of our minds.

We (his friends and family), are all in shock and denial, and will be for a long time to come.

For me, the hardest thing is, imagining what it's going to be like without him, tryin to have a footy match without cryin and thinking bout him, tryin to walk 5mins to the local shop without thinkin about how he would always buy a pint of milk and how last week he threw it up in the air and covered himself with semi-skimmed milk. But it's these memories that we have to hold on to, for theyy can never be replaced, and niether can Tom.

Tom's friends are all younger than he is:
Barry- 14
Paddy- 15
Martin- 16
Me- 15.
It's hard for us all, cos we were all very close to him, and it will be hard getting through these next few weeks, maybe even months, but we all have to stick together.

I'm sitting here now, listening to UB40- "Red Red Wine" thinkin about how this was Tom's fave song, especially when he got a carry-out! But he will never be forgotten by anyone who knew him!

R.I.P. Tom
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.

Love & Peace
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing I can say will ever express or make any difference to how you feel, nevertheless I'm sorry for your loss.
Time is what it takes and time is what you should take. When you're ready the world will still be here and you can get back on again. Memories are precious and no one can ever take those from you.

Here are some words that I like that may be of some solace:

Feeling you shake
Feel your heart break
Thinking if only, if only, if only, if only
And the salt water runs
Through your veins and your bones
Telling you no not this way, not this way, not this way

And you would give anything
Give up everything
Offer your life blood away
For yesterday

No one leaves you
When you live in their heart and mind
And no one dies
They just move to the other side
When we're gone
Watch the world simply carry on
We live on laughing and in no pain
We'll stay and be happy
With those who have loved us today

Finding the answer
It's a human obsession
But you might as well talk to the stones and the trees and the sea
'Cause nobody knows
And so few can see
There's only beauty and caring and truth beyond darkness

No one leaves you
And no one dies
When we're gone
We live on laughing and in no pain
We'll stay and be happy

And we won't understand your grief
Because time is illusion
As this watery world spins around
This timeless sun
Will dry your eyes
And calm your mind

No one leaves you
And no one dies
When we're gone
It's okay, we will stay and be happy
Stay and be happy
Danni

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P Tom!!! im sure he'll be missed by everyone!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1