bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Preston 53 Degrees
Preston 53 Degrees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Meister

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:41    Post subject: Preston 53 Degrees Reply with quote

Anyone else catch the Preston gig last night? It was amazing, best BC gig I've seen so far, the combination of drums and bass with the laptop set-up works really well. They played a few new songs, the first of which was my favourite (might have been 'European Man'), and another of which i think is called 'Reason To Escape.' The other new one was a really catchy pop tune that wouldn't sound out of place sung by Kylie, a classic pop single. no idea what its called.
Also played I Am A Lion, Good Life and ended with Weaponised.
There was a cracking atmosphere and the venue was great (excellent toilet facilities!)
Oh and the Super Furries were pretty good n all.
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's right as well - it was a confident and accomplished performance, with good numbers and good reaction. set as follows:

whatever happened to the fingertip saint?
european man
i am a lion
good life
oh you
reason to escape
weaponized

'oh you' is the one that could be sung by kylie or someone, it is a three-minute "single" that feels like it should be on dirty, slightly scratched old seven-inch vinyl. first time you hear it sounds like a record you have known all your life.

pix to follow.

yeah!
dangerousdonanld

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:40    Post subject: preston 53 degrees Reply with quote

Also saw BC last nite in preston shit hot never seen it done live before .Amazing work between the three of them,great drummin. Great night in whole
Dave w.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good. Very Happy looking forward to hearing the new songs again on the album soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1