bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - D'oh
D'oh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 18:09    Post subject: D'oh Reply with quote

I found out Teenage Fanclub are playing at the Astoria tonight, which is about five minutes walk from where I work, Im suposed to be staying late to finish an assignment but since the band arnt playing till nine I figure I can make it. And there are a couple of tickets on the door still, so since I love their new album like a puppy in a basket Im feeling pretty happy. Till I get there and realsie I left my wallet at home. So now Im back at my desk with knowing I should be but aint hearing Mellow Doubt (which they may not have played but since its one of those perfect songs they really should). Maybe theyll tour again soon.
F-Hyphen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lurve TFC. Saw them a couple of years back and they were ace. The new album is beautiful too.

TT's Lovechild (where have you been?) saw them in Brissal a few weeks back. I was hoping to go with him but had work commitments in Hull so missed out too. Don't know how good they were.

I always prefer the Love penned toons myself...
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sin them last night, it was great! They seem like such nice chaps. They didn't do Mellow Doubt if that's any consolation though I understand they are juggling the set around each night.

I went right down the front for the encores which culminated with Everything Flows - the song which could go on for ever and ever and ever...

We get older every year
But you don't change
Or I don't notice you're changing
I think about it every day
But only for a little while
And then I feel it

I'll never know which way to flow
Set a course that I don't know

The wind's blowing in my face
Lately find it hard to keep the pace
And I'm looking for a place to go
But only for a little while
And then the feeling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Im glad their on form, Im gonna have to go see em soon, Ive never seen em before, Im gonna make up for it by seeing MWard.
Man Made is beautiful, Mcentire suits them and that song that starts 'so much that i wanna do...' is just like summer evening in the park. Is A Catholic education anygood? cause I loved the fuzz of Bandwagonesque but thought Grand Prix was half amazing and half a little dull
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catholic Education is great cos as Sparky would tell you it has Everything Flows on there.

My recommendation is 13 tho.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TT's Lovechild (where have you been?) saw them in Brissal a few weeks back. I was hoping to go with him but had work commitments in Hull so missed out too. Don't know how good they were.

I'm a sadly too busy fucker these days.... not happy... though my work is taking me to the canadian rocky's next weekend Very Happy so i "musn't grumble"!

TFC were great but were better at the Anson Rooms 'cos this time they didn't have a full PA and the sound wasn't quite loud enough. Though me n blue nose al (remember him?!!) drank far too much zzzyydddeerrr and made the most of it and it was ace really. The new album is lush but not as good as the go-betweens one...

talking of which i'll have a whole 2 cds worth of their entire barbican set with me by the weekend... which'll be more than nice.

And i've just had too much zzzzzyyyydderrr and seen Ska Cubano! tonight and they were superfantastic. Hooray!

Here's to our unprounouncable players who join us this summer!

And sparky, really sorry for yer man, didn't want the *academy of football* yawnfuckingyawn up. Still the premiership is soft midddle class shite so yer better off out of it i'm sure!
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers TTL - funny thing is my Plymouth supporting mate was on the match with me as an honarary white and said before kick-off "here we go then, could be Old Trafford instead of Home Park next season". And do you know what? I was genuinely a bit gutted at the prospect of that!

Anyway can't wait for the best day of the year - 23 June! Any proper football fan will know why that day is better than birthday/xmas etc...
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

june 23rd
most eagerly awaited day of the year!
chance to map out the next few months of a blissful existence!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1