bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Part of the truth about this board
Part of the truth about this board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:56    Post subject: Part of the truth about this board Reply with quote

I am pretty certain that most of us, if not all, are open minded people generally. Compassionate, caring etc.

But I think this board is the same as the rest of the world, as soon as you're different and not 'right' people try to teach you something and put you in your place.

Except the norm here is of course a special norm for this place alone.
Most things have to be cool, and laddish...caring for certain things is a mark of greatness while caring for other things (specific things) is supposed to be bad.
There's a general teacher beating the kids on the hand for having said the wrong thing.

Let's all try to change. Being nice is a very good thing. Maybe start by not replying to this in the same old fashion that a post like this would be replied to.

I'm not saying everyone does, but there's a definite air of it here at times. For example, we all post crap from time to time but sometimes when one person does there's complaint.

Other than that...wooohooooo for the sun!

Love & Peace
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think everyone on this board is great.

I have never once thought that I have been derided for being wrong. Sometimes people have pointed out obvious flaws in my obviously flawed logic, but that's usually a good thing, as like you say, I, like many other people on here, have an open mind and am willing to discuss and debate many wide matters.

Since this board started nearly five years ago, I feel I have grown as a person, and that is a huge credit to the type of people that post on here.

I've read many great books, seen some great films, been turned on to some great sounds, and more importantly, learned a hell of a lot that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to.

I've also got in contact with some brilliant people, of which you Set, are the most brilliant.

Finally, this board is the one place I can turn to when I want to see some light and hope in humanity. I can't think of a bigger compliment than that.

Kinkster
xxx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's beautiful Kris, and that part is true.

But I feel the part I described can be true at times too.

I often feel, but don't have the energy to, like I have to check through my message to see I haven't said anything that will have 'cool attacking comments' coming my way. Proof read to be safe.

It's still better than many boards but I think we have to let the image of ourselves go as a board of forgiving and completely open minded attitude.

Love & Peace
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinky is right, everyone on here is great and seem to be genuine, thoughtful and caring people who have opinions that are pretty considered and usually spot on. I'd feel comfortable talking about pretty much anything on here (apart from the fact that anyone can read it, and my workmate Oliver seems to have this strange habbit of spying on me through messages I post! Hi Oliver!)

As with anything I try to think about what I'm writing and how I'm phrasing things before I click 'submit', but that's just because I don't want to accidentally offend anyone by writing something that could be taken the wrong way (which is of course easy to do when you can't see a person's face to see if they're joking or being sarcastic!)

But yeah Set, Hooray for the summer! Is it sunny in Sweden finally then? It's lovely in England at the moment! Smile

Mark x
Bev

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, a lot of my comments are the drunken, half-baked ideas of smart-alec, but hey it's all good fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1