bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Existential crises...I don't understand it either
Existential crises...I don't understand it either
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:42    Post subject: Existential crises...I don't understand it either Reply with quote

Okay, over the past month there have been several posts about what I call 'existential crises', people being sad over not having 'done anything'.

Where does this come from? I have friends around my age (I'm 25 these days!) and nobody is ever really happy about birthdays anymore. My partner's turning 28 next week and he is quite sad about it.

What is this? I don't understand, I keep getting older but I love having birthdays. Sure, there are many things I haven't acheived but I don't understand why that's important. I mean, you do your best, you can't help the rest can you?

Why so many demands on yourselves? Doesn't the world do enough of that to you?

Love & Peace
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, I'm afraid you got that all wrong in reference to me Wink

I'm not sad or unhappy, in fact, I live a fairly comfortable life that most from Sheffield would envy. I turn 30 nextr year and it doesn't fill me with fear or dread at all

My dilemna is more like "job fullfillment". I look around my house at furniture, at the garden, at my car etc and none of it means a thing to me. It's all just crap that fills my life. The only important things to me are my family and friends, and I'm realising more and more, that if I stay in my current life, all I have to look forward to, is buying more crap to fill my house with!

All I want in my life it to reach the end and know I did all that I could, which for now I can't honestly give a positive answer to.

Anyhow, surely these "crises" are just similar to your feelings of 'being different' ? Just another form of angst?

Kris
xxx
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
The only important things to me are my family and friends,

and my Martin Carr music collection Wink

xxx
joeloke22 (not logged in)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 14:13    Post subject: Re: Existential crises...I don't understand it either Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
I have friends around my age (I'm 25 these days!) and nobody is ever really happy about birthdays anymore. My partner's turning 28 next week and he is quite sad about it.

What is this? I don't understand, I keep getting older but I love having birthdays.

i'll be lucky to see the age of 28..........i'm only 24 & i feel like shit!........yeah things may be rough on me now & i don't know how much more i can take, but hopefully things will get better.

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Sure, there are many things I haven't acheived but I don't understand why that's important. I mean, you do your best, you can't help the rest can you?

i guess that depends on what you and that person(s) have achieved. i believe that's why the word "jealousy" exists.

Setareh Juventina wrote:
Why so many demands on yourselves? Doesn't the world do enough of that to you?

i don't know what the world has done for me. if the world's done any good for me, then i guess i have'nt noticed it.

PS - i need a fuckin' beer!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinky, I am glad that you seem to be happy.

I was however not referring to anyone specifically, just a world around me filled with discontent and feeling like they are missing something...

Joe, you misunderstood, what I meant was, the world puts so many demands on you, why would you put them on yourself too? It's hard enough as it is out there, my philosophy is that you should be easy on yourself.

"i guess that depends on what you and that person(s) have achieved. i believe that's why the word "jealousy" exists."

I don't know, I could be jealous of many people...everyone who has written a good book, people who work as cartoonists for Warner Brothers, people who actively make things better in the world...and so on, but life just hasn't granted me that [yet], I know in the right circumstances I could too, ANYONE could.

Love & Peace & Happiness
(hew)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was a right miserable bugger for a long time in my early 20's. Now i'm 25 things are getting better. Its just like that song about the summer or something i guess by that band with the bald singer. I still get homesick sometimes but i am starting to see some sort of direction in my life. hang in there joeloke it will get better.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 29 in a few weeks, and while I still like a good moan Wink I'm a million time more stable and happy than I used to be, and most of my moaning is at Martin for not releasing an album this spring, hehehe.

xxx
Crustybit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 00:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 35 and I bloody love it, I have two great daughters a lovely wife and I get to see most of the world.

My younger mates always take the piss the older I get but fuck it, it's all in how you see things, I still listen to new music (not into Phil Collins yet Very Happy) and I quite like maturity (if that makes sense). I loved being 24 but your life changes so much it's really stimulating for different reasons as you get older.

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 01:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

a wife and two daughters is the last thing i need.
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

christ... take some vitamin c and cheer up for fuck's sake.

x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea.......will do........hopefully the v-c will work, if not, then i guess it's back to old drawing board. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh!...Rolling Eyes and thanx for the tip P.P.R.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm.... vitamins.... Cool
Yet Another Guest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

?
AdamW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please! Can I have one-and-a-half sugar rushes in that?

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2