bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - European films needed for filmfestival competition section
European films needed for filmfestival competition section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 20:27    Post subject: European films needed for filmfestival competition section Reply with quote

Dear all!

I work with the Norrköping Film Festival about a month per year. This year however my duties have been extended and I have started looking.

I am to try and find five films for our competition section. The films have to be from Europe, preferrbly good and never before shown in Sweden. Also, they shouldn't be older than a year.

Have you heard of any successful festival films? Or films going well where you live or somewhere else in Europe. Together we cover Finland, the UK, Ireland, Belgium...maybe you know of more countries.

Anyway, any help finding films is appreciated!

Love & Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 08:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Set,

I guess you've heard about "l'enfant" by Jean-Pierre et Luc Dardennes from Belgium. (They won La Palme d'Or at Cannes.)
All their films are worth to see (Rosetta, le fils, la promesse).
Ch-ch-ch-check it out.

Grumble
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, yes, I have heard it.

It is possible the premiere is booked by some cinema already though but thanks, I'll check it out.

Love & Peace
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet boy - uk film - very good - set in sarf london and ace soundtrack from robert del naja (? massive attack)
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

about bullet boy, this link may help:

http://www.britfilms.com/britishfilms/catalogue/browse/?id=D9CC70591b32b25872kHi2591F85
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 07:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much lovechild!

Love & Peace
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - another one popped in me head today as well - came out last autumn over here, Ken Loachs' Ae Fond Kiss. About a Catholic school teacher who falls in love with a muslim thus pissing off her school and his muslim family - I liked it but the portrayal of both religions/family thing was far to stereotyped imo (even as a long lasped catholic with loony left liberal leanings!!! i found the sterotype of the catholic priest quite insulting) but its quite a reasonable movie with nice relationship development. And at least it avoids the low gag british comedys we tend to get used to!

link:
http://www.aefondkissmovie.co.uk/
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

fear not setarah i'm not trying to take over yer festival, just seems like a good movie thread posting thingy to me (if no one else!) saw Millions last week, quite funny, loved the kids obsession with saints. bit schmazly in places but worth watching!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "Millions"?

Love & Peace
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it is. Here is the link if yer want a more articulate (or promo filled!!!) summary of it...

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/millions/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1