bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - NME! BRITPOP! BOO....S !!!
NME! BRITPOP! BOO....S !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 21:17    Post subject: NME! BRITPOP! BOO....S !!! Reply with quote

Been sometime since i bought one of their specials but the BRITPOP one persuaded me... Pity I didn't notice the FIVE NINETY NINE price tag b'fore i got 2 the tills.... Surprised Sad Confused

Still reproduced inside is a post Wake Up Boo! on TOTP interviewwith the boos (Martin drinking champagne in one pic, Rob wearing a smart shirt in another) a live review supporting blur, a single review, a bit on Warchild with Sice and a small piccie of a cover of Martin kissing Sices head (great for fans of homoerotica i s'pose!)

Also lots of other stuff that remind you that Crispin from Kula Shaker was a twat ("I'm up for a revolution") Justine Frishman a posh posh snob ("Liam Gallagher has a brain the size of hamsters" - with his voice wtf more did he need? and heck he's a comedy genius so he's not exactly a few watts short of a lightbulb), both Gallaghers veering between hilarious and tittiedom, Liam wearing very cool clobber (for its time), that These Animal Men really existed and memories of seeing them are genuine... plenty of stuff to make you reminisce.

Oddly what memory it bought back most to me was reading the review of Definately Maybe in me work lunchtime chompin' a great cheese sarnie listening to some bonkers bloke going on about what a waste there was in people disposing of yellow pages in the bin when in fact telephone companies should come 'round and collect them for use the next year on a local radio call in show (seemed a comical call then but, heck, he was ahead of his time and if he'd said recycle then we'd have all understood) before spending an afternoon trying to lob paper aeroplances over one side of the docking berth to the other.... other people did it but i never did 'cos i'm shite at making paper aeroplanes. Dockside cricket though, well thats another story....... And you'll be pleased to know I won't share with you.

Pip pip!

TTLC.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I remember These Animal Men....

Didn't you and I see them along with other such luminaries such as s*m*a*s*h and emperors of ice cream (!) at some club on union street that only lasted about 2 months cos only about 100 plimuff indie kids bothered to attend?
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

emperors of ice cream - feck! forgot about them saw them supporting Blink too.... ay we were there, mind you i think everyone turned up for these animal men, us cooler kids were there for all the gigs mind! s*m*a*s*h were the pick of them, ahem, *new wave of new wave* bands live!
asdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forbes Hyphen wrote:
Hey I remember These Animal Men....

taxi for... these animal men.

FUCKING EXCELLENT RECORD>

che
che______-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone remember / own kinky machine's 'bent'?

pissing in the snow, alsations...

top class tunage.
meltin_has_turned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 19:45    Post subject: Kinky Machine quality Reply with quote

Pissing in the snow is quality, but best was 10 second bionic man a song about premature ejaculation?. Do you remember the sleeper album with the astronaughts on the front "smart" i think was the title I had a t-shirt of that and a bluetones classic ringer.

My mate had a Sultans of Ping hoodie!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 19:48    Post subject: Re: Kinky Machine quality Reply with quote

meltin_has_turned wrote:
Pissing in the snow is quality, but best was 10 second bionic man a song about premature ejaculation?. Do you remember the sleeper album with the astronaughts on the front "smart" i think was the title I had a t-shirt of that and a bluetones classic ringer.

My mate had a Sultans of Ping hoodie!!!

do you own bent on cd?!
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember a band called Linoleum?

I heard one song in Our price sometime in late 97 and enquired at the counter as to who it was, then bought it on the spot.

My GOD! It was shite.

xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1