bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Non-music Games geeks thread.
Non-music Games geeks thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:41    Post subject: Non-music Games geeks thread. Reply with quote

Who ever thought the controller for the next Nintendo machinw would look like this???

Melz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the B stand for BAD IDEA? Shocked
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have resized that picture, this is the 2000th thread on this board after all. Wink

M I L L E double-N I U M, I want to spend it with youuuu...

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
You should have resized that picture...[/i]

I was too slow - looks like you already edited it. Cool

So what's that thing actually supposed to be then?
Melz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it you turn it on its side it could be a bit like the NES controller. Such a shame that Nintendo - who pioneered the Analogue Stick - have gone in such a bland DVD-remote direction. Even Sky+ has a better remote control than that! Crying or Very sad
Kris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never write off anything Nintendo do Melz Wink

Like you said, they are always the pioneers, and 90% of the time, they get it right and take gaming forwards.

I spent yesterday driving around Liberty City with bravecaptain mp3's blasting out me headphones - frigging great!!
Melz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well yesterday I killed a man while ritually possessed ( Fahrenheit , PS2) before winning the league as Doncaster Rovers ( Pro Evolution Soccer 4 ). How about that for a day's work? Laughing

Seriously, I never write off anything Nintendo come up with. My first console was the NES and I still rate a lot of my old SNES games higher than a lot of what's out today. They are definitely the pioneers of gaming accessories - look at their recent achievements: the Mario Party 6 microphone, the Donkey Konga bongos, the Nintendo DS touchscreen. And to top it all, the new Zelda looks magnificent. That controller baffles me though. I mean, how can you play 3D games without an analogue stick? ( Super Mario 64 DS aside, as the stylus works perfectly to recreate an analogue-like movement) It's like Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix on the PSP - the D-pad moves your skater while the thumbstick moves the camera. I really couldn't get along with that.

One of my mates keeps going on and on about how ace the Xbox 360 is going to be. Any opinions?
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melz wrote:
One of my mates keeps going on and on about how ace the Xbox 360 is going to be. Any opinions?

Well I've never owned an Xbox, so can't really comment...... but Wink the Xbox 360 and PS3 just seem to want to be PC's don't they? Let's play music and films and games that you can play over the net. Will appeal to lot's of people, but not to me. I want fun. I want to have be console on for 30 minutes, have a blast, then go to the pub Razz

Kinks
xxx
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year after the rest of the civilised world got bored of it I bought GTA San Andreas last week and have spent far too much time playing it already. How can they fit such a big game onto one tiny disc?

Do Nintendo still have that thing where they don't have violence in their games? Like when the blood in Mortal Kombat had to be turned green?
Melz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the green Mortal Kombat blood. That was just weird. Recently though, I think Nintendo are realising that games with more mature themes sell very well. Check out the Gamecube's Resident Evil 4 and Killer7 . Awesome games.

And I agree that games should be fun more than anything else. Sometimes there's nothing better than a quick 10 minutes on Burnout or Monkey Ball . But for me, I love to get deeply engrossed in a storyline - hence my love for the Final Fantasy games. In fact, about 80% of my PSone games are RPGs.

I do have an Xbox and to be honest I can't really say I got my money's worth. The only games I have for it are the ones that are exculsive to Xbox and PC ( Halo , Knights Of The Old Republic , Chronicles Of Riddick , etc) whereas if there's a game out on all three consoles, I'll get it for the PS2. Since the 360 is going to be backwards compatible (or so I'm told) I wondered if it was going to be worth the upgrade.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melz wrote:
Yeah, well yesterday I killed a man while ritually possessed ( Fahrenheit , PS2) before winning the league as Doncaster Rovers ( Pro Evolution Soccer 4 ). How about that for a day's work? Laughing

Sounds good. Very Happy
Hmm, have you got some sort of a team patch for PES4?
Can you find an update with Barnsley (and other League One teams probably) in it? Smile

Exclamation
Melz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I made them in Create-a-Team in the Master League.
They were originally The People's Republic Of Doncaster but I changed my mind. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1