bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Exposure and networking for the Cap'n
Exposure and networking for the Cap'n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 19:01    Post subject: Exposure and networking for the Cap'n Reply with quote

Hey, I noticed you haven't signed up for myspace.com yet! You ought to check it out. Corporate, indie, and unsigned artists---everyone's on the boat. Be an ace way for you hook up with the U.S. audience. Basically its a free goup web posting site (with Mp3's, phoots, etc..--even though Sparky's got ya' covered here). The cool part is that its easy to share your music with people because its a huge interlocking musical fare. Like you can link all your favorite bands on your site, and they'll have you linked, so people can check out your tunes, and "add" you as a friend, thus people get hooked and thus the Cap'n needn't worry about getting a steady income from McDonalds! Razz
Here's the link for a "proper" band site [url]
http://www.myspace.com/jacksmannequin [/url]

My solo stuff is here
www.myspace.com/thegatzbys [url]
www.myspace.com/gatzbymusic
www.myspace.com/betterdayrevival

When you sign up, make sure you sign up under "Artist Sign-up" in the Music section...otherwise you'll get a site without music posting capabilities, and all that jazz. Hopefully I'll see you on there, when you sign up, the gang here can go on a campaign to spread the word for ya!

~Adam

p.s. May I recommend you put "Settle Down" on one of you streaming tunes...its just ace! Very Happy One of my many favorites! Wink

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, one more thing, if anyone comes up with any melodies or lyrics for the stuff on Better Day Revival or Gatzby let me know... hit a mental road block this week, can't seem to finish the songs from the last two weeks Confused Happen much for you for you guys? Shocked Have a great weekend!~Adam Cool
meltin_has_turned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:30    Post subject: lyyrical input Reply with quote

Just listened to ur betterday revival track I have many ideas for lyrics but here are some for you. Obviously its a bit difficult just typing them but here we go:-

Some thoughts have left me whilst others remain
tommoro my reason to rise once again

haunted by fragments of a past of regret
put the car in reverse as the scenery's set

We sit by the lake and we taste in the air
caught in the moment with the wind your hair
if the world just stopped turning
would we really care
As long as this world has you and me there

Its a better day revival
for once its coming home
its a better day revival
like a roll without a stone

(c) copyright jibberjabber music 2005

A few ideas they might be a bit shit but thats what came to mind. Hope you like them. I may use them myself actually lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was on myspace but i quit when murdoch took over.

myspce is full of vampires. real ones.

i saw 'em

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 02:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps you should check out friendster then martin. Smile there are no fancy features like the music sharing thingy in myspace, but it's simple and nice. i've seen a lot of bands and musicians there as well, but i haven't seen any vampires yet, so perhaps it's worth a shot, dunno.
just thought i'd let you know anyway.

has anyone else here tried it?

Exclamation
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 08:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't trust anything that ends in "ster"

xxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was only on it for music sharing.

i've signed up to misanthropster

mx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact there seems to be some sort of a music sharing thingy now on Friendster as well... don't know how it works though, but I'll try to figure it out and let you know, if anyone's interested.

Exclamation
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it's not as good as the music sharing thing at myspace, but if you know a bit of HTML then you'll be able to do some pretty cool stuff.

Exclamation
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myspace is great (except for the Murdoch part, but that doesn't seem to have had much effect yet... at least not obviously).
(*shameless plug*) http://www.myspace.com/mixedcasesspaces (that's me!)

Adam - listened to your stuff... well I listened to the Revival stuff, I can't get the Gatzby's stuff to play for some reason, a shame, as it sounds interesting.

Mark
adam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 06:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually pop by the sites! Embarassed No wonder my hit count shot up! Wink Meltin, your lyrics are ace mate! I may have to borrow them with your permission... Will hafta talk later when I write some music that is worthy enough to fit 'em! Very Happy
Mark, liking the stuff! Its 1:08 am here, so I'll really crank 'em up tomorrow so I can get the full effect (its a shame my hearing is going at such a young age!... And to think, Beethoven was deaf! I can't even write a decent pop tune with normal hearing! Razz ). Thanks for the tips on recording gear, as you can tell, I need to develop my drum sampling and looping skills... NOw if they could just make a device to make me actually sing in tune I might get okay at this somgwriting business! Props to you Cap'n for braving the mic after Sice, he's a hard act to follow! Cool
Ai'ght, I'm off to bed, have a great day!~Adam

Oh, and if anyone has a melody in mind for the verse "Nights Like This" lemme know, I"m stuck. ( www.myspace.com/puzzleboxmusic )I turned it into a lame emo song by accident, so I just left in one chorus, which I think's got a hook to it... We should all really do one of those writing rounds, ya' know? Like in school, where you write a sentence, and then pass it on to the next person and they add to the story, and so on...except it would be with music! Ha! Genius, we could call it, um... The Guild Project! Someone alert the masses, the Cap'n's message board is taking over...Move over Kelly Clarkson, cuz' some hip tunes are taking to the airwaves!
meltin_has_turned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers man Im really pleased you like them. Yeah let me know when you have finished the song etc. Think you are being a little modest seems to me you have some good creative ideas going on there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1