bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Safe As Film
Safe As Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have posted a few pictures as well, Discy... Rolling Eyes

The Butcher Boy... is that the movie about the (Irish) butcher's kid who goes mad and kills a few people in the town? I saw that about two years ago, it was pretty good if I can remember correctly. Was it 'based on a true story'? Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeloke22 wrote:
well, as far as thier ego goes, i guess i could care less what they were like before and/or after they made the movie

[pedantictommy]

So, you actually could care less, which means that you're at least a bit interested what they were like before and/or after they made the movie, huh?
Personally, I could not care less... Wink

[/pedantictommy]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
You should have posted a few pictures as well, Discy... Rolling Eyes

Razz

Tommy BOO wrote:
The Butcher Boy... is that the movie about the (Irish) butcher's kid who goes mad and kills a few people in the town? I saw that about two years ago, it was pretty good if I can remember correctly.

you have the right movie, but enough of the spoilers Wink

Tommy BOO wrote:
Was it 'based on a true story'? Wink

erm, I'm not sure. One would hope not, eh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged in!

stupid forum................
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
some films I like/liked... off the top of my head Wink

Falling Down
Frances
The Godfather
Misery .....etc.

Falling Down, i love that movie!!....and Misery is also a good one!

nice going discoRdance! Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
some films I like/liked... off the top of my head Wink

Amores Perros
A Simple Plan
Being John Malkovich
Blazing Saddles
The Blues Brothers

Does your head work in alphabetical order? Very Happy

Star Wars .. hmm.. what's the whole name of the very first Star Wars film? Surely it's not just "Star Wars"... I (think I) know it isn't, I just can't remember, even though I've seen it a zillion times. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 21:05    Post subject: dRdsays: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
Star Wars .. hmm.. what's the whole name of the very first Star Wars film? Surely it's not just "Star Wars"... I (think I) know it isn't, I just can't remember, even though I've seen it a zillion times. Shocked

it is just called Star Wars... they may have amended it since, because of the "prequels" but it'll always be Star Wars to me...........
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know... I think it was later renamed to "Star Wars: A New Hope" when "SW: Empire Strikes Back" came out. Smile
So, you like all the classic SW movies... did you ever see the new episode 3? I didn't, but a lot of people seemed to like it (or at least people didn't keep talking how shit it is for months)
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
joeloke22 wrote:
well, as far as thier ego goes, i guess i could care less what they were like before and/or after they made the movie

[pedantictommy]

So, you actually could care less, which means that you're at least a bit interested what they were like before and/or after they made the movie, huh?
Personally, I could not care less... Wink

[/pedantictommy]

Embarassed uh mean, i meant to say i really don't care.

blabbermouth!!

Last edited by joeloke22 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 22:31; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 21:27    Post subject: dRd replies: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
did you ever see the new episode 3?

yes... it was surprisingly good, compared to the other two 'prequels'... darker and less aimed at children and merchandise!
F-H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yes... it was surprisingly good, compared to the other two 'prequels'... darker and less aimed at children and merchandise!

Yet it's my 7-year olds favourite of the lot. Ever since we've seen it he's turmed to the dark side. He wants to be Count Dooku (sp?) and insisted on being called 'Sith Lord' on the screen when we went bowling last week.
Evil or Very Mad
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

F-H wrote:
Yet it's my 7-year olds favourite of the lot. Ever since we've seen it he's turmed to the dark side. He wants to be Count Dooku (sp?) and insisted on being called 'Sith Lord' on the screen when we went bowling last week.
Evil or Very Mad

Oh well. Wasn't Darth Vader always everyone's favourite Star Wars character anyway? Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, everyone knows that Han Solo is the coolest movie character ever. Wink

Just finished watching a sci-fi horror movie from 1967, called "Five Million Years to Earth" (a.k.a. "Quatermass and the Pit")
I was expecting another cheesy sci-fi 'classic' after reading a short summary of the plot:

"Force more powerful than 1,000 H-Bombs unleashed to devastate earth! World in panic! Cities in flames!
An ancient Martian spaceship is unearthed in London, and proves to have powerful psychic effects on the people around."
Very Happy

Sounds cheesy, yes, but it was actually surprisingly good! OK, some of the special effects were quite hilarious, but just about everything else about it was much better than in most of the modern brainless sci-fi films. This isn't a classic film, but if you get a chance to watch it, I could recommend it... Cool

Melz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeloke22 wrote:
Falling Down, i love that movie!!

Absolutely brilliant! "You forgot your briefcase!!"

Oh, and if you ever spot it on Sky Movies or something, watch Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie . By far the funniest thing I have seen since Monty Python And The Holy Grail. Hysterical and very, very quoteable. "Look, his legs are sticking out!"
joeloke22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melz wrote:
joeloke22 wrote:
Falling Down, i love that movie!!

Absolutely brilliant! "You forgot your briefcase!!"

Oh, and if you ever spot it on Sky Movies or something, watch Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie .

i have'nt seen M.S.T. 3000.....atleast i don't remember watchin' it. Rolling Eyes.......anyway, i just did some research on it at amazon.com and this is what i found: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305078246/qid%3D1131115532/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/022-4341608-9239212

It must be a good movie in order to have: 6 used & new from $109.99 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10