bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Safe As Film
Safe As Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuddy_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love E.T.

yay!

most powerful moment in cinematic history surely
chuddy_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

also got this on DVD the other day

astonishingly good
probably the best 'childrens' film since E.T.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

for such a successful film as E.T, you'd expect there to have been a sequel, but apparently, they didn't have enough money for it after paying off the little fella's phone bill from the first one.
boo_babe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not really a film but it still the thing I love to watch most, and thats CSI Miami, mainly cos David Caruso stars in it!

enjoy!

But my fave film of all time is "My Girl" starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Aykroyd, Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky. By far the best film that i've seen yet! well, it did make me cry, adn still does to be honest!

sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the greatest film I have seen in ages - you don't even have to like the band to appreciate that this is an incredible piece of work. And that guy Wayne Coyne is an inspiration to all around him. You can learn a thing or two from his approach to life.

http://www.fearlessfreaks.com

I also watched a film called Hudsucker Proxy, a Coen Brothers film which I enjoyed. The company that the story is centred around head their job ads with 'The Future Is Now' - a term that is referred to with some regularity in the film - and it occurred to me that that phrase could make a good song title for somebody one day.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash (the LA one, though I like the other one too) is fuckin' great. Great dialogue and really clever how it plays every race issue off each other. Left me with the kind of buzz I get from films far too rarely.

F-H
Die Hard?? Pah! Yer not welcome at my pad anymore!

I'm a reet snob me!
chuddy_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
Crash (the LA one, though I like the other one too) is fuckin' great. Great dialogue and really clever how it plays every race issue off each other. Left me with the kind of buzz I get from films far too rarely.

F-H

I'm a reet snob me!

Die Hard is brilliant you mentalist

"I'm Agent Johnson, this is Special Agent Johnson. No relation"
F-H

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
F-H

I'm a reet snob me!

I'd better make amends then (see also Longcut thread)

Lost In Translation (I love the bit where he's driving through Tokyo to the wobbly camera work and J&MC in the background - best soundtrack ever)

Amelie (the bit where she's sitting on the roof with the radio and shakes the aerial when a goal is scored is the funniest moment in film ever)

I also hope the following will allow crash rights:
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Wicker Man
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go see Constant Gardner. My GOD it's depressing, but highly recommended.

xxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

F-H wrote:
Lost In Translation
The Wicker Man

I like them, but I think they're both a bit overrated.

Lost In Translation was cool, but it tried too much to be clever and funny and touching and everything, so I thought it was quite middle of the road in all those.

The Wicker Man... hmm. It had so much potential to be a real horror classic, but at some point it just gets silly and I think the best words to describe this movie would be "disturbingly weird but quite funny in some twisted way". It's not a bad film of course, perhaps I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting to see a horror movie, and the Wicker Man definitely isn't a horror movie in my opinion.

The other films that you mentioned are top notch, though.

Exclamation
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groundhog Day, Jerry McGuire and Spinal Tap are the only films anyone needs to see. Anything you can't learn from those films isn't worth knowing.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Forrest Gump again last night and it's definitely worth all those Oscars that it won (not that anyone really cares about Oscar awards). Such an excellent film, it has something for everyone (almost), comedy, romance, suspense... blah blah, you get it.

Then on Saturday night I saw Girl, Interrupted . It's a story about a young girl called Susanna Kaysen who is sent to a mental hospital in the 60s. The film is apparently based on a true story too which always makes things a little bit more interesting, doesn't it? Smile So, yeah, it's a pretty good film too.
Oh, and it has Winona Ryder in it.

I've seen a lot of movies recently. Shocked
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Groundhog Day, Jerry McGuire and Spinal Tap are the only films anyone needs to see. Anything you can't learn from those films isn't worth knowing.

I don't think I've seen Jerry McGuire ... sounds familiar though. Confused
Groundhog Day is a great film indeed, Bill Murray is a fantastic actor. And Spinal Tap is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I think I already wrote something about it in this thread though.

Exclamation
gillworm didn't sign in

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Constant Gardener...what an intense film and so sad! not entirely plausible in its ending but that was a great film experience, the director and writer captured Le Carre's way with characters and Ralph Fiennes has got the character nailed. (not that I've read the book yet, it's just such a typical Le Carre character). the central love story is almost unbearably sad at the end, the day after seeing it I still feel sensitised by it.

5 stars!
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kid stays in the picture!
aviator!
the spongeblob wotsisface movie!
soccer dog II!

mx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10