bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Tony Blair says Mp's are out of touch with the public.
Tony Blair says Mp's are out of touch with the public.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 14:00    Post subject: Tony Blair says Mp's are out of touch with the public. Reply with quote

Taken from the BBC website:

"Tony Blair has accused some MPs of being out of touch with the public and of failing to face the terror threat.

He told ministers there was a "worrying gap between parts of Parliament and the reality of the terrorist threat and public opinion".

So my question is, when was the last time anyone here thought Blair was in touch with public opinion???

xxx
boo_babe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sory if i offend anyone, but i dislike (to put it mildly) Tony Blair, and ever more so, I HATE GEORGE BUSH! simply becos he's a W*****!! and he started a war for nothin in my eyes!

xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 18:03    Post subject: discoRdance says: Reply with quote

ooh, that's a controversial opinion in here... you'd wanna be careful what you say around these parts. We all love Blair's '1984' vision

luckily, Dubya-T hasn't seen your message and you still have time to edit it
boo_babe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a nice enough man, not that i've met him, but its the fact that he teamed up with George W***** Bush that I dont like him alot.

xx
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was also a "worrying gap between parts of Parliament and the reality of the terrorist threat and public opinion" before the second Iraq war but TB didn't seem that bothered then and went ahead with the war inspite of what the general public thought.

He was a fool to say that he was going to step down as Prime Minister before the next election, as soon as you say something like that you lose all authority, like Kevin Keegan at Man City but without Stuart Pearce to come along and sort things out.

One thing I don't understand, people keep saying that 90 days in detention without charge is equivalent to 6 months in jail. What do you have to do in jail to actually serve your full sentence - if any lawyers or habitual criminals are reading this and could let me know i'd be grateful.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 days......... equals 6 months..........

Shocked Razz

John Mc... Yup, I would have thought a million people marching down the street would have provided some pretty big public opinion. I can only imagine that "Public Opinion" equals "My Opinion" in Tony's world.

Aaaaanyway. I would have thought the most obvious question to ask was, "how many people held for 14 days under the terrorism act, then released without charge, have gone on to commit a terrorist act? Or, how many people held and released after 14 days, have then had evidence found against them within 90 days?

If the government had provided any kind of evidence to back this up, they just may have had a chance, even with the Big Brother conotations.

Stinks
xxx
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's scary, isn't it? he saw a million of us marching past his gaff in opposition to him before the Iraq invasion and still thinks that public opinion is on his side! delusional, that's the word for him.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the population of Britain these days, 1.5 mil? Razz
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, I didn't mean that the majority of the population was on that march but I think a significant number of people were!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people do talk as if a figure like that protesting represents the majority opposing something

what about the other 59 million, or whatever who didn't march?

/devil's advocate Wink
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
what about the other 59 million, or whatever who didn't march?

/devil's advocate Wink

Some of them were up North and couldn't afford to get to London Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1